What is the best way to introduce Touhou to somebody?

Chen Yakumo

2 minutes ago, Gcat said:

I'm thinking about showng Touhou to my older sister, who's never heard of it before. What is the best way to introduce it to her, and what game should she play first?

I'm not an expert when it comes to introducing people to something, but here's what I would do.
Introduce some of the characters to her; Reimu Hakurei... Marisa Kirisame... Sanae Kochiya.... Introduce some of the most famous characters too, like Flandre or something, and show her some other stuff if she's interested to see more.

Here's some of the easiest Touhou games for beginners and newbies in my opinion:
Touhou 8 would be a good start off game, but also Touhou 6 as well, because in my opinion I think they're the easiest games. Once she gets the hang of those games then she can try some new games.

Hope this helps!

スティーブ

• 1 year later...

Well, i kinda made a introduction using a discord server and added my friend into it

I introduced him to the canon and fandom things, and made a list of touhou games i recommend, for PC and Mobile

I showed some of the characters and it worked!

He likes touhou and it wasn't a big effort, i just needed a bit of free time =)

FumoMarisa.png.746a508fab9d3a87280f1c90d5f4210e.png

• 3 months later...

What are your sister's interests? The touhou fandom is multimedia. I can guarantee you can find something touhou related within a medium she already has interest in.
She like to listen to music? There's just about every style of music inside the touhou doujin scene.
Manga? The print works, and also some cute doujinshi exists
Games? There's just about a touhou game for every genre you can think of. All you have to do is look for it. Heck, you can even find stuff on roblox if she plays it.
Art? Touhou has got you covered.
Cute Plushies or Figures? Fumos and Nendos exist
Cute character designs? Covered
Crossovers with other series? Covered
Cosplay? Covered
Conventions and other types of social activity? Covered

The biggest issue I see with introducing touhou to a lady is that the fandom space is very male dominated, so she might find it a little intimidating. But I'm sure that if she's willing to invest her time into getting to know everything, she's going to find things that she likes in touhou. There's an almost infinite amount of content out there.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

patchouliass2.png.e11a8850318b379359e5d4f48a638bd3.png

• 1 month later...