Weekly polls #3 Favorite shooter spin off

jssf1992

Your favorite spin-off shooter?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite spin off shooter?

• Shoot the Bullet (9.5)
    • Double Spoiler (12.5)
    • Great Fairy Wars (12.8)
    • Impossible Spell Card (14.3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2018 at 02:30 AM

There's been a handful of different styled shooters in the Touhou project, some of them specifically being spinoffs.  4, actually that use something different from the rest of the shooters.  Is this good or bad?  What do you guys think?

( yes, this was a day off, but I was moving yesterday/today)

Shoot the Bullet wins by default cause it's the only one I've played, but the camera games are the most interesting idea wise to me.  Taking pictures instead of shooting people is a neat concept, and the bullet patterns are always the best part of Touhou, so a game that's pretty much just that is a big plus.  ISC loses a few points for being about Seija as well, whom I dislike.

Minoriko.gif

Impossible Spell Card! It was SO much fun to see all the old touhou bosses! And oh my god was it an insane thrill ride of knowing everyone in Gensokyo wants you dead and you gotta survive no matter what! It was as good as a mainline touhou game for me at least!!!!!!!

Deaf to all but the Song~  ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

Okay, really tough toss-up for me between Great Fairy Wars and Impossible Spell Card.

First, Cirno's always been one of my favorites, and that being the second to feature her as playable in a shooter, and the first to solely star her, was a big plus, and between freezing bullets and the hilarious dialog, it earns major points. Out of the four, I've played this one the most.

But on the flip side, I've also liked Seija as long as she's been around, and she's my favorite boss fight ever, so having a game featuring her was fantastic. I loved the concept too, where everyone stops following the rule about making spell cards escapable and she has to cheat her way out, including and especially by using other characters' stolen items. Though I haven't played this one as much, It barely wins in the music department, and it's got a bit of a darker tone that I like just a little bit more. And to boot, the levels are a bit easier to digest since you don't have to play through the whole game in one sitting to beat it.

So it's pretty darn close, but I'd say I'd lean on the side of Impossible Spell Card for this, even though they're both flippin' cool.

I personally like Fairy Wars more than the others I've played.  Firstly for the freezing effect, which added a neat element to the game, but also because it was on the shorter side.  Then, as Kage Ryu said, the dialouge has a lot of funny lines (even having some of my favorites).

I also was never very good at the photography games, and have never actually had a chance to play Impossible Spell Card, so, kind of scewed here.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, jssf1992 said:

Well, the over all result were rather low in the first place, but it looks like it's the first and last that get the most love.

So basically, the decision on which is better, at this point, is...

...impossible.

Archived