Touhou Lore Discussion

Maribel

• 1 year later...

so i wanted ti know, what are the qualifications for being a sage in the touhou universe? as far as i know there are three so far, and they are all really powerful, but are those the only qualifications? like kasen was evil at some point too, so it cant just be being a better person than everyone else right?

On 4/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, nightsedge561 said:

so i wanted ti know, what are the qualifications for being a sage in the touhou universe? as far as i know there are three so far, and they are all really powerful, but are those the only qualifications? like kasen was evil at some point too, so it cant just be being a better person than everyone else right?

To become a sage one must abandon their darkest desirers, and go monk mode for a lot of years, after that, you shall gain power greater than average human and yokai. If one fails to abandon humanly desirers, they shall not go to heaven. That's why most sages are hiding in human world and not ascending to Heaven. (I'm aware there's a word for it but I can't warp my fingers around it)

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

10 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

To become a sage one must abandon their darkest desirers, and go monk mode for a lot of years, after that, you shall gain power greater than average human and yokai. If one fails to abandon humanly desirers, they shall not go to heaven. That's why most sages are hiding in human world and not ascending to Heaven. (I'm aware there's a word for it but I can't warp my fingers around it)

ah ok, on further research i had found that it may have been because they created the great hakurei barrier, but this helps too