I am confoos

Tromboner

Default keyboard controls: (note that in-game the inputs are referred to as A, B, C and D, but here I will use the actual keys they are mapped to, which are Z, X, C and A respectively).

Arrow keys: Move, crouch, jump. Hold back to block (this is typical of 2D fighting games. You can also block lower down by holding back and down together).

Z: Light attack. This will be melee when you are relatively close to your opponent and projectile when further away. Both the melee and projectile versions can have variations based on arrow key input.

X: Heavy attack. This will be melee when you are relatively close to your opponent and projectile when further away. Both the melee and projectile versions can have variations based on arrow key input.

C: Bullet attack. This is an attack that is always a projectile. Might also have variations based on arrow key input, depending on character.

A: Dash*. Hold while inputting forward to run, press when inputting backward to do a back-dash, press or hold before a jump to do a high-jump, press while inputting forward or back in mid-air to do an air dash. All characters can air dash twice before landing, except Remilia, who can do it three times. You graze through projectiles while doing any of these actions.

*all of these actions can be done without the dash button if you choose. For running/back-dashing/air dashing, double tap forward or back in the respective direction. For high-jumping, jump immediately after pressing or holding down.

DASH ATTACKS: While running, press Z, X, or C (C might not work in this game I can't remember) to do a dash attack according to the button you pressed. Some dash attacks also graze projectiles.

COMMAND INPUTS:

⬇️ ⬇️ Z or X: Guard crush attacks. One of them attacks high and one attacks low. Will break guard instantly if blocked at the wrong height.

⬇️ ⬇️ C: Bomb. Expend one of your bombs to briefly turn invincible and launch away attackers.

⬇️ ⬇️ A: Declare spellcard. Once you have at least one spellcard (the number indicated at the bottom of the screen), do this to start using them. This also restores the red portion of your health.

⬇️ ↘️ ➡️ A: Use spellcard. Only works if you have declared the spellcard first. Spend one spellcard to use one of the two spell attacks you chose at the start of the game. The second spell is saved for the round after you used the first one.

SPECIAL MOVES: special moves use command inputs that are character specific. Most of them have light and heavy variations used by pressing either Z or X.  You can see what the inputs are when you select you character, and on the pause menu. btw if you see a funny looking diamond-shaped symbol in front of the move's input, it means the move can be used in the air.

Hope this guide was easy to understand and quickly answered the questions you had.

so, uh, thanks for the help, but I just looked at the config_e.exe file, and my mapping were fucked up somehow

like, my A, B, C, and D buttons were switched from z, x, c, and a to some seemingly random keys around that same area of the keyboard

Archived