ZUN’s Music Collection (lossless)

myrvogna

Hello,

I have the physical CDs for the volumes 3, 4, and 5 of ZUN’s Music Collection, respectively Changeability of Strange Dream, Retrospective 53 minutes, and Magical Astronomy, and promptly made lossless rips in .flac format for my personal preservation purposes. I have so far been unable to find them on the public Internet, though do correct me if I am wrong and late to the party. I believe that, beyond audiophile concerns about sound quality (somewhat reasonable on their own, given the low bitrate of some albums), there is a genuine interest in those works in their uncompressed, lossless state, both for preservation purpose and potential re-encoding at better qualities and in more modern – and even future – audio formats.

Keeping those for myself has no point (what's the purpose of those rips for "preservation" if they do not outlive myself and/or potential drives failure?), and I would love to share them and give back to the community. Honestly I have no idea where would there be potential interest for this, so I am asking here – if there is a better place for this, please do tell me, otherwise I can start uploading them here if there is any interest, so that other people may help in preserving them too.

Edit: Volumes 1 to 6 (5.5 not included yet) have been uploaded here. To whomever it may be of interest to, enjoy them and feel free to share them around as much as you want!

Edit 2: Volumes 7, 8, and 9 have been uploaded. 5.5 will take a while longer to get there.

I am highly interested in it ! I ripped a few albums through the games themselves and I am interested to see whether there's a high difference in quality between the two. I also manage a soulseek library, so I would be also uploading them there if that's okay with you.

Great, I’ve uploaded them here. Tell me if there’s anything wrong with them, and feel free to upload them to Soulseek or anywhere else for that matter – the more the better.

Hopefully, volumes 1, 2, and 6 should be coming too at some point in the next month(s).

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say I had been expecting them to arrive this soon, but yet there are already an I come bearing gits. I’ve added Dolls in Pseudo Paradise, Ghostly Field Club, and Trojan Green Asteroid to the same drive folder as before. I haven't had the time to listen to them in proper conditions yet, and wanted to get done with ripping them as soon as possible just in case whatever sudden tragedy might decide to befall the world, but once again I believe there should be no issue with any of them – and once again, do tell me if there's the slightest thing wrong that I could fix.

Just a couple weeks more and the three final albums will join them to complete the collection (although I believe they can already be found in lossless around the Internet, but it can never hurt to have more). Well, I say complete, but that's disregarding the issue of Unknown Flower, Mesmerizing Journey, which will join the collection at some point later in time, I hope. Its rarity makes it ever so slightly more expensive (and only somewhat harder to find) than the rest, but in time it will be there.

Edit : It appears that by some process I have no idea how it could ever have happened a track from an entirely different album got in my upload of Retrospective 53 minutes for the past few hours. Should be fixed now.

• myrvogna changed the title to ZUN’s Music Collection (lossless)

Nothing wordy this time – against the trend – but I’ve uploaded the three final volumes in the same place. I did end up finding even the oldest albums in lossless format around the Internet in the end, but still, can't hurt to have them more in this fairly logical place and definitely less troublesome to find.

One day, volume 5.5 will join them.

Archived