Problems with Touhou 6

frappsu

Hi guys,

I'm new to Touhou and decided to start by downloading Touhou 6. I downloaded and extracted it but whenever I try to open it it gives me this error message. I tried redownloadung and still get the same error. Could you guys help me out?

Edit: Hey so I downloaded and extracted directx and even moved it to the Touhou 6 folder but I am still getting the exact same message

error.PNG

Install directx, either from: 

or https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

edit: run the setup.exe inside of the download that gets put into that extracted folder, if you go with the microsoft option you also need to 1. run the file you download, extract it into any folder really and then run the setup.exe in that extracted folder, its quite complicated but the dxwebinstall rarely works so that redistributable is usually the way to go

On 9/9/2020 at 11:31 AM, frappsu said:

Hi guys,

I'm new to Touhou and decided to start by downloading Touhou 6. I downloaded and extracted it but whenever I try to open it it gives me this error message. I tried redownloadung and still get the same error. Could you guys help me out?

Edit: Hey so I downloaded and extracted directx and even moved it to the Touhou 6 folder but I am still getting the exact same message

error.PNG

Alternatively, you can simply download the dll directly and insert it into your file manually. It seems like you are missing d3d9_43.dll, which you get at this site: https://www.dll-files.com/d3dx9_43.dll.html

I'm not sure if it's the 32 or the 64 bit version, but test out both. (Extract one file into your game file, and if that doesn't work, remove it and extract the other one into the game file). If you need more help or want any pictures, just ask me. If you need more help than that, my username is rorogogo#8021 on discord.

Howdy! Stay puffie! ^-^

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, Rorogogo said:

Alternatively, you can simply download the dll directly and insert it into your file manually. It seems like you are missing d3d9_43.dll, which you get at this site: https://www.dll-files.com/d3dx9_43.dll.html

NONONONONONONONONO i never said this enough
DO NOT download singular .dll files, you most likely gonna get viruses or more trouble. then blaming us for not working >:(

@Seamus Moore please scroll up a bit and read

On 9/10/2020 at 3:35 AM, noobnot said:

Install directx, either from: 

or https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

edit: run the setup.exe inside of the download that gets put into that extracted folder, if you go with the microsoft option you also need to 1. run the file you download, extract it into any folder really and then run the setup.exe in that extracted folder, its quite complicated but the dxwebinstall rarely works so that redistributable is usually the way to go

smh why no one ever read nowadays.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 4:54 AM, Drunken_Flower said:

NONONONONONONONONO i never said this enough
DO NOT download singular .dll files, you most likely gonna get viruses or more trouble. then blaming us for not working >:(

@Seamus Moore please scroll up a bit and read

smh why no one ever read nowadays.

;~; sorri, but if you do it right it'll be fine also it smol ;c

Howdy! Stay puffie! ^-^

Archived