English patch that ISN'T thcrap?

fare67t

Yes yes, I'm sure that using thcrap is the most reliable way of patching these games to english

but I remember a time years ago when you could download all the games english patched, and when you clicked on the patched .exe, the game loaded up instantly / didn't load up some homebrew launcher / patcher agent.

So as petty as this sounds perhaps, is there somewhere i can get patches for the official games that AREN'T this thcrap...crap? x3

1. Yes, the old patches together with the classic translation still exist, but the site that hosts them went down so you probably have to find a mirror of it somewhere ("gensokyo.org touhou English patch" should get you in the right direction on google, if you really want that patch)

2. You can also rename the update dll in your thcrap folder to stop that popup with updating from appearing, or go to advanced options in that popup window and disable updates, basically the same thing.

3. The old patches stopped after TD I believe, so you will end up using thcrap in the end anyway????

... I know this is unrelated, but is there a reason that you don't want to use THcrap? It works well and most of the older sites that hold the English versions are gone now.... That being said, is there even a reason to not use THcrap?

Howdy! Stay puffie! ^-^

• 3 weeks later...

Archived