PLEASE HELP MY GLITCHES IN GAME!!!

Alice Moriya

Here's a long list of confusion so please bear with me. 

When I try to play MoF or SA, the game is always in windowed format, and there is no way to change it. 

Whenever I try to play DDC, LoLK, or HSiFS, the game spazzes out whenver I go into full-screen mode, and it flashes between the game and my desktop before quitting. Also, sometimes the FPS of the game just goes down to 30 for no reason. 

Could you help me with these problems as best as you can?

Thank you

Do you get an error when the game crashes?  You might try running the games in Japanese locale if you aren't already, that causes problems sometimes.  Next step would be updating your video drivers, since it seems like there's a problem with the display.

Minoriko.gif

16 minutes ago, Alice Moriya said:

How would you switch to Japanese Local and change video drivers? Sorry I'm not the best with computers. 

You will have to install the Japanes language keyboard from Control panel. 

For Windows 10, use this guide,

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

I believe you can set it to be in Japanese locale with English as the language, but if it's displaying in Japanese you will need to change it without being able to read unfortunately.  If you've still got the guide handy you should be able to follow along at least, but once you get the language fixed you should be good to go.  If all else fails, I can get some screenshots showing which options you'll need to choose.

Minoriko.gif

Whenever I try to play DDC, LoLK, or HSiFS, the game spazzes out whenver I go into full-screen mode, and it flashes between the game and my desktop before quitting. 

This problem happens to me too on my laptop but it's fine on my PC. But this happens to me exclusively when I try to play on the recommended 1280x960 setting. When I switch the resolution to 640x480, it runs just fine. Try doing that. It might help solve your problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank goodness I managed to fix all the other problems. You were a great help!

There's just one thing that needs to be fixed. 

I don't know how to get MoF in full-screen. Whenever it starts, I get ugly black bars that surround the screen and keep it in windowed mode. 

I am playing on Windows 10,  like my other responses

Thank you, 

Alice

You probably checked the box that says "Remember my resolution option" the first time you loaded the game. Go to "custom.exe" (I think that's what it's called...) and look for where a list should say something along these lines...

- (japanese text) 640x480
- (different japanese text) 640x480
- (same as second option with japanese text) another option, can't remember what it is exactly
- (same) 1280x960

The bottom three options SHOULD be the "fullscreen" options, but I'm not sure exactly where it is and what it is labelled as.

Archived