The executable couldn't found the patch? (TH07-09)

Great

Hi community of Touhou. I was not going to do it, but I cannot find a solution for this. I have been playing Perfect Cherry Blossom for a while and everything was going fine, but since I was getting stuck in the same stage I tried to download Imperishable Night, and later Phantasmagoria of Flower View.

The thing is after downloading PoFV and tried it, I only get the very same error everytime trying to open not only PoFV, but also PCB and IN. "Could not run thcrap\thcrap_loader.exe "thpatch-en.js" th07: El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado." The Spanish part says "The system couldn't find the specific file".

The error actually show up previously (after I downloaded IN and ran it), and I think it just appears randomly, but it wasn't a big deal. It remained until I restarted the PC, but now it is not the case and appears the whole time. I tried deleting all the files and decompiling the ZIP files again. If any executable wasn't opened before, it may update and run as normal, but later on after the first time it runs the error is back. I don't know exactly is it is the executable itself or my fault everytime, since I tried to change the resolution from 960x720 to 640x480 as I prefer (editing the vpatch.ini, using notepad++), but this didn't give me any error before. Saying that about the resolution because the error maybe(?) shows up even before updating the game if the resolution is change (or maybe because I changed the vpatch.ini). I really can't say because I am tired to keep trying.

But besides that, the normal executables (I mean th07, th08 and th09) runs as expected, even though I don't know Japanese so I can't read, or at least can't fully understand it. I can still playing the Japanese because I am liking the games so much, but being unable to understand the dialoges really lows the experience.

And three side notes: Opening the vpatch.exe opens the game with the configuration but without the patch - I guess it is normal? And sometimes quiet weird: On PoFV, sometimes the game doesn't respond after defeating Reimu (as Marisa); Sometimes because it doesn't freeze when I am facing Aya (I assume it freezes because it's another character). The last side note is: I also have EoSD with an English patch, but downloaded from other site; It runs fine since and until now, and it doesn't seem to be the problem, but I am just mentioning it.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

error.png

error2.png

• 2 months later...

Archived