What is the deal with Hecatia?

So i've been searching troughout the web to see about 2hu's powers and then i see Hecatia is the strongest of all because ZUN said so but, ¿What makes Hecatia that poweful?. I know that shes the godess of hell and that she haves three bodies but, ¿Can that make her stronger than Yukari, Erin or Okina?

Probably the reason Hecatia is the strongest well, yeah, im confused with that because of her power, but having three bodies would be considered as uh, powerful? As in that means Hecatia has three different minds, abilities and danmaku, thus being a goddess.

スティーブ

I can think of two possible reasons for her to be "the most powerful", first being that she's a greek god, and the greek gods don't need faith to maintain their power, in contrast to what is usually said of the shinto gods.  Second, she was the greek goddess of magic, making her nominally the best at magic, and gensokyo is chock full of magic, therefore, she would be the best.*

That said, I wouldn't care too much about it, power scaling has always been weird in Touhou.

*No idea where the three bodies thing comes from, as far as I know there's nothing like that in the classical myths.

16 hours ago, jssf1992 said:

I can think of two possible reasons for her to be "the most powerful", first being that she's a greek god, and the greek gods don't need faith to maintain their power, in contrast to what is usually said of the shinto gods.  Second, she was the greek goddess of magic, making her nominally the best at magic, and gensokyo is chock full of magic, therefore, she would be the best.*

That said, I wouldn't care too much about it, power scaling has always been weird in Touhou.

*No idea where the three bodies thing comes from, as far as I know there's nothing like that in the classical myths.

On 5/31/2020 at 1:49 AM, TheLoneYuyukkuri said:

So i've been searching troughout the web to see about 2hu's powers and then i see Hecatia is the strongest of all because ZUN said so but, ¿What makes Hecatia that poweful?. I know that shes the godess of hell and that she haves three bodies but, ¿Can that make her stronger than Yukari, Erin or Okina?

I'd like to point out all gods in touhou have omni-presence as their existence is an idea and they can manifests themselves anywhere. I mean as it is, all the characters hold back because of spellcard rules.  

On 6/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, Le doge guardian said:

I'd like to point out all gods in touhou have omni-presence as their existence is an idea and they can manifests themselves anywhere. I mean as it is, all the characters hold back because of spellcard rules.  

I know but is there something remarcable, i mean Yukari can manipulate limits, Erin can fucking seal a planet but i need like something to compare it

18 hours ago, TheLoneYuyukkuri said:

I know but is there something remarcable, i mean Yukari can manipulate limits, Erin can fucking seal a planet but i need like something to compare it

Yeah, and Remilia could manipulate your fate, Mokou, Kaguya, and Eirin is immortal, and Utsuho can literally control nuclear fusion. so i dont see why Hecatia is the strongest either. 

スティーブ

On 6/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, Marx The Galactic Jester said:

Yeah, and Remilia could manipulate your fate, Mokou, Kaguya, and Eirin is immortal, and Utsuho can literally control nuclear fusion. so i dont see why Hecatia is the strongest either. 

Thats what im talking about we need to ask ZUN in the next interview

The way I see it, a character's particular ability doesn't really hold any weight in Touhou, for example, Keine's ability to eat/create history seems like a force to be reckoned with but we usually don't see her as particularly powerful. Compared to that, even though most people see Yuuka as crazy powerful, her power to manipulate flowers isn't all that threatening. 

Hecatia's ability of 3 bodies can probably be viewed in the same way as Yuuka's, more as flavour text than anything, what's more relevant is her feats, and taking part of an almost-successful invasion of the lunar capital is nothing to scoff at considering how the Lunarians are depicted power-wise. ^^;

I suppose to add on to that, the fact that she governs over a hell for the Moon, Earth, and the Overworlds gives her a bit more of a sway than other gods, but I'm not entirely sure she can be called the most powerful. ^^;

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, Polaris Starnor said:

The way I see it, a character's particular ability doesn't really hold any weight in Touhou, for example, Keine's ability to eat/create history seems like a force to be reckoned with but we usually don't see her as particularly powerful. Compared to that, even though most people see Yuuka as crazy powerful, her power to manipulate flowers isn't all that threatening. 

Hecatia's ability of 3 bodies can probably be viewed in the same way as Yuuka's, more as flavour text than anything, what's more relevant is her feats, and taking part of an almost-successful invasion of the lunar capital is nothing to scoff at considering how the Lunarians are depicted power-wise. ^^;

I suppose to add on to that, the fact that she governs over a hell for the Moon, Earth, and the Overworlds gives her a bit more of a sway than other gods, but I'm not entirely sure she can be called the most powerful. ^^;

Quite right. This makes more sense now.

スティーブ

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping old topic but, zun once said in an interview an infinite amount of hells can be made by hell's society. It's wrong to assume oni's make it because well they've never shown creation abilities at all. Yama's make sense but there's only 10 and they've only increased the size of the netherworld once. That's why I think the Hell's themselves are created by hecatia. So yeah those are my two cents.

Archived