Share music you like

Shionne Imeris

I rewatched The Big Country this week (the definitive old-American-west film), and was struck by its use of silence in multiple scenes. The film makers had a masterful sense of what they wanted the audience to focus on and when; there was never a point in the film that I found boring for lack of audio or visual activity, since it was always clear why there was silence when it occurred.

But that aside, the film also had a really good main theme; the primary motif served to represent the wide-open land and the personalities that characterized it rather than the characters and their conflicts, thus keeping the audience grounded to the real underlying theme of the story. It pops up quite a bit throughout the film, and I felt like sharing it.

Spoiler

Man Yaoshanbailing voice is so fucking amazing that she may actually become my favorite vocalist

7 hours ago, Ken Hisuag said:

I rewatched The Big Country this week (the definitive old-American-west film), and was struck by its use of silence in multiple scenes. The film makers had a masterful sense of what they wanted the audience to focus on and when; there was never a point in the film that I found boring for lack of audio or visual activity, since it was always clear why there was silence when it occurred.

But that aside, the film also had a really good main theme; the primary motif served to represent the wide-open land and the personalities that characterized it rather than the characters and their conflicts, thus keeping the audience grounded to the real underlying theme of the story. It pops up quite a bit throughout the film, and I felt like sharing it.

Reveal hidden contents

for some reason video is unavailable by the way

• Up 1

11 hours ago, Dana Iclucia said:

Man Yaoshanbailing voice is so fucking amazing that she may actually become my favorite vocalist

Yaoshan is one of the reason im into touhou

14 hours ago, Drunken_Flower said:

Yaoshan is one of the reason im into touhou

She really has amazing voice, doesn't she?

reason i decided to look thru Yonder Voice more recently and check all their (older and newer) albums

On 7/11/2021 at 6:09 AM, Dana Iclucia said:

for some reason video is unavailable by the way

How's this one?

Spoiler

• Up 1

On 7/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, Ken Hisuag said:

How's this one?

Yep, this one works

Here's something different:

Spoiler

• Thinking 1

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this album randomly, and appreciated the Castlevania-esque style of this track. It has a techno baseline, but is carried by violin solo bridged by interchanging sections of strings, synths and at one point even an organ! It all blends together really well.

Spoiler

Should I be noting look-up information here, too? I suppose it can't hurt . . . But I won't bother translating the title this time.
TatshMusicCircle - 深淵

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus it's from a fresh album but daaamn it's been a while since i heard such good and long banger

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Came across this, had a laugh, thought to share.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

I don't quite remember when I first heard Tim Hawkins's parody songs, but they've been a source of entertainment for me for many years. I recently came across them again, so I'll share some of my favorites.

Spoiler