Share music you like

Shionne Imeris

I've been listening to Hellion Sounds for the past 2-3 weeks and I gotta say I absolutely love their works, they make some amazing arrangements of songs from various games (I'm mostly familiar with their SMT covers), definitely worth a listen since their all BANGERS. Not to mention they did remix covers of Touhou songs as well!

Edited by TheM3ds
  • Like 1

Been in the mood to listen to The Cure again, gotta say I love the guitar and the overall dark yet melancholic moods these songs produce yet they reside with me on an emotional level, Between Depeche Mode and The Cure I love them both for there gothic undertones (If that even makes sense).

Edited by TheM3ds

Recent random something from an artist I follow.
Perhaps a bit too close to its obvious inspiration for an "original," but arguably unique enough to be distinguished from an arrangement. Is there a comprehensive term for that?

Spoiler

Original Kyle - Starlight Dash

• Like 1

TTT

Holiday post:

Spoiler

I am taking this opportunity to feature Michael Card. While I haven't kept up with his more recent compositions, his works in the 80's and 90's have been among my favorite songs for as long as I can remember. While not one of the big names in the industry (to my frustration, CCM artists tend to be rather clique-ish), a few of his compositions have gained notoriety through covers.

El Shaddai:

Love Crucified Arose:

Jubilee:

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

Chiptune is a genre that while I may not listen to often, I still find myself enjoying some great tunes from games like Cave Story or from various remixes made from game hardware like the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive, however with that said I think Tower of Heaven has some the best Chiptune ever, it may be short it's still phenomenal nonetheless. I highly recommend listening to it with headphones.

• Like 1

In relation to today's Musical Discoveries post, but then just cause:

Some heavy metal,

Spoiler

Stone McKnuckle - Machine King

some synthwave metal,

Spoiler

RichaadEB - The Midnight Mass

and some techno.

Spoiler

maritumix - Forced Execution

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some original piano solos.

Laurence Manning - Dance with the Wind

Spoiler

Zach Parrish - Natalie

Spoiler

Brayden McArthur - Nostalgia

Spoiler

I don't like to use basic links; a good security rule is to never click on a link you can't immediately verify. There isn't an alternative good quality posting of the piece, though, so I'll simply warn y'all to do your due diligence.

https://musescore.com/user/16328/scores/703301

TTT

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing everyone sharing their music makes me want to do the same too! So here's mine:

https://bit.ly/33Sdjxs {The title of the song in the link is "Shuraru" (Irish Trad Arannge) by Tranica}. This song is a Japanese cover from a traditional Irish song called "Siúil A Rún" (translate to "Go, My Love").

Here's another version of "Siúil A Rún" by Clannad:

The song itself is pretty old so I don't know the original author for the song.

The reason I put the first link (the Japanese cover) there is because I can't find the song anywhere else, I happened to find this song when I was playing a rhythm game but besides that the song is kind of obscure to find but if you really wanna listen to the version of the song then you have to buy the CD Album on some Japanese website. Anyways, I think the song sounds really nice and calming. 

Edited by Jaz:3
  • Like 2

Have anyone felt in love before? Because I found this amazing song by Alex North from the movie "Spartacus". Here

I discovered this song when I was finding the sample of Nujabes's "Final View" and it was a cover of "Love Theme" by Yusef Lateef. There are many other covers too which are all very good. I felt a lot of emotions in this song but I would recommend listening to it yourself to know more about the song.

The two other songs:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My methodology for this thread is primarily spontaneity, and this afternoon I had the urge to post some Masayoshi Oishi songs.

Spoiler

Sometimes I think visuals distract from the appreciation for the music itself. Not that there isn't something to appreciate in those additional elements as well, simply something to consider.

• Like 1

TTT

• 1 month later...

In my first OGM Red Alert 2 feature, I noted that I considered my appreciation for the music to be unusual for me, as I didn't consider myself to be otherwise a fan of the genre. But as I've been listening to more of Klepacki's work, I've realized it's somewhat similar to some of the rock'n'roll songs my dad would listen to when I was a kid (around the same time he was playing the game, actually); it may be I'm more a fan of the genre than I thought.

Spoiler

I've alluded before to the idea that different musical styles and genres sometimes need to be put into perspective for certain individuals to appreciate them; I suppose this is just another part of that for me.

TTT

• 2 weeks later...

While I greatly appreciate the entirety of Mental Omega's soundtrack, the Foehn part composed by World Beyond is what especially stood out to me. There's a specific track in the album, Welcome to Our World, that functions as an intro to another (otherwise standalone) track, Beyond; together, they form one of the best tracks in the album. For some reason, there is no officially released unification of these two tracks, despite the former one being incapable of functioning as a standalone. I considered this an injustice, and have seen to the rectification.

Spoiler

TTT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've already shared most of my favorite Thanksgiving songs here, so this year I'll share some classical autumn music instead.

Spoiler

Doesn't get more classic than that! 😁

All are blessed, in little ways and big ways, and it is good to have time to reflect upon it and give thanks; I pray everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 2

TTT

My favorite musics are actually from my own country \o/

You guys might not understand the lyrics but i think it would be nice to share xd

I'm from Brazil, there's lots of good music you can find from here actually =D

One that probably someone here know is Girl from Ipanema (Garota de Ipanema)!

R.gif.015c7e6d30a0d8238c078ef3cc332f99.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to many kinds of music, and I'm sure some people on this site do too. Whatever kind of music you listen to, whether it's pop, electronic, traditional folk music from other country, a pavane, breakcore,... there are songs that make you feel emotional, songs that I don't know if anybody noticed but songs that don't necessarily have to be sad it can but like, not always, only the melody can even make you feel the weight of emotions. And I like music like that, from whatever kind of genres, as long as it sounds... nice. And sometimes those melodies, in some kind of way, with their magic, make you cry, it made me cry, make you feel like.. crying. I don't know why but it might be because of the emotions poured into those melodies. Emotions in the melodies.

At the moment, there are two songs on my mind that resemble that, there are alot more but currently I'm thinking about these two

I really like the part when the violin played in the 1st song and the screaming in the 2nd song, so much emotions. 

• Up 1