Share music you like

Shionne Imeris

I rewatched The Big Country this week (the definitive old-American-west film), and was struck by its use of silence in multiple scenes. The film makers had a masterful sense of what they wanted the audience to focus on and when; there was never a point in the film that I found boring for lack of audio or visual activity, since it was always clear why there was silence when it occurred.

But that aside, the film also had a really good main theme; the primary motif served to represent the wide-open land and the personalities that characterized it rather than the characters and their conflicts, thus keeping the audience grounded to the real underlying theme of the story. It pops up quite a bit throughout the film, and I felt like sharing it.

Spoiler

TTT

Man Yaoshanbailing voice is so fucking amazing that she may actually become my favorite vocalist

7 hours ago, Ken Hisuag said:

I rewatched The Big Country this week (the definitive old-American-west film), and was struck by its use of silence in multiple scenes. The film makers had a masterful sense of what they wanted the audience to focus on and when; there was never a point in the film that I found boring for lack of audio or visual activity, since it was always clear why there was silence when it occurred.

But that aside, the film also had a really good main theme; the primary motif served to represent the wide-open land and the personalities that characterized it rather than the characters and their conflicts, thus keeping the audience grounded to the real underlying theme of the story. It pops up quite a bit throughout the film, and I felt like sharing it.

Reveal hidden contents

for some reason video is unavailable by the way

• Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this album randomly, and appreciated the Castlevania-esque style of this track. It has a techno baseline, but is carried by violin solo bridged by interchanging sections of strings, synths and at one point even an organ! It all blends together really well.

Spoiler

Should I be noting look-up information here, too? I suppose it can't hurt . . . But I won't bother translating the title this time.
TatshMusicCircle - 深淵

TTT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, buskerdog said:

I heard someone perform a cover of this song at an anime convention I went to recently. Now I'm addicted.

Hide contents

OH YEAH MITCHIE
arguably best vocaloid composer

reminds me of my early days of japanism

wait... convention? opened already?

Edited by Drunken_Flower

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well.

I'm a big fan of old BBC detective drama shows, and by extension (whether by familiarity or genuine admiration, you may infer) their opening music themes. These are a few of my favorites, though there are plenty more I'm familiar with.

Spoiler

From Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes (because of course there's gonna be a Sherlock Holmes reference):

From Ian Carmichael's Lord Peter Wimsey (which is hard to find a proper video for, as you can see):

From the first season of Peter Davison's Campion (the credits version has him humming along, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available; I'll have to see to that someday):

From David Suchet's Agatha Christie's Poirot (my personal favorite, and arguably the most iconic):

TTT

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a busy day for me. I intended to post earlier; hopefully these'll still be enjoyable.

Spoiler

Brian Dunphy - Phil the Fluter's Ball

The Irish Rovers - The Orange and the Green

Celtic Thunder - A Place in the Choir
They redo this piece with different lineups.

The High Kings - Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore

TTT