Share music you like

Shionne Imeris

So i saw we already have subforum with odd music discoveries and Touhou music discoveries as well so i decided to make topic where you all can share ALL music you found,like (as long as it doesnt violate rules or something lol)

And because i started topic i guess im also gonna post first song which is:

• 5 months later...

I'm here on an off-day, and I feel like posting some cinematic soundtracks. When it comes to movie music, I prefer epic melody-heavy tracks. Usually this just means the main theme of the film, but occasionally there are soundtracks like Lord of the Rings which use a variety of highlighted leitmotifs throughout. I could post quite a few pieces I've found, but for now I'll just stick with three.

Spoiler

TTT

• 1 month later...

Okay, here's some non-Deemo V.K compositions:

Spoiler

The reason they're all from the same album is because I bought this one. It included all the Deemo tracks, and I was already committed to getting a "best of" album if there was one. I actually chose Reflection (Mirror Night) for the Other Game Music post because I preferred the in-game version significantly over the album version (though I'm not entirely sure why).

I know this shouldn't bother me, but ftr "traveler" is spelled with only one "L."

TTT

• 2 weeks later...

I've come across very little music directly associated with Thanksgiving; I assume this correlates with the limited commercialization of the holiday. Nevertheless, there are a few pieces I've appreciated (for varying reasons), and wouldn't mind sharing here. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's Groundhog's Day today!

. . .

Yeah, I don't really care either. But while I don't know any specifically Valentine's Day related songs, I do know a Groundhog's Day song! So here y'all go!

Spoiler

Bonus song from the same TV special, because I forgot how much fun it was:

TTT

I suppose I probably should as well lol, I own the joint afterall. Anyways i'm a HUGE denpa fan, so i'm going to share the first denpa song I was ever exposed to

This song holds pretty special value to me as it introduced me to my favorite genre and some of my favorite artists as this was a duet between momobako and nanahira, both amazing denpa artists.

• Haha 1
  • Up 1

L

• 2 weeks later...

i actually wrote and link whole hell lot of stuff
then i started to think Kitaro..
i feel everything else is not worth talking, so i delet. y'all just saved.

Spoiler

The Grandmaster

His works basically Spiritual mixed new age style and... i cant explain..
basically this is what heaven sound like

im having a hard time picking which song to preview. i wanted to show you all his music
this one is the most popular
nice balance of emotions
a story about the peaceful heaven and the impure earth

if this clicks with you, please check em out, there's lot more.
maybe start with this playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYrSaDwJaL0-ikLJNLXRERAwnN0cqW4DF

if there's a touhou arrange like this... is it even possible?
i do feel faint 2hu in few of his other music.
i doubt, i wish, i want, i believe.
but.. must it be a touhou to be a great music?

i accidentally put myself in peaceful mood
reminiscing stuff, reflecting myself, motivation and all that good stuff.

also for your weeb needs

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IfTBHJ7ebA

image.png.f516956474aae9c9a1e9dff346bbbb02.png

ಠ_ಠ

so yeah here new link https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6j72m673iau91e/05. (露草). 枯レ語リ.mp3?dl=0

Vocal is 流月Ryutsuki, album Prismatic COLORS, genre mostlikely Ballad, her own release. She often collaborate with Yonder Voice.
i know this from a mobile rhythm game called Zyon
it's totally dead, the server and download. i got the .apk and game files backed up from my old phone, it should work but...
you can't even log in as guest or maybe it just aint made for newer phone?? MY SADNESS VERY BIG VERY BIG
and guess what? the dev of that game is Himmel/LeMiao/Vincent Kazami, the owner of Yonder Voice.

i still blame him for getting me into touhou.

and this too
i swear i heard Wind God Girl

• Thanks 3

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really glad this thread is getting more attention. Here's a couple of more laid-back instrumentals that aren't related to each other.

Spoiler

Phil Keaggy is arguably one of the greatest guitarists to have ever lived. This piece isn't really an example of that, but it's my personal favorite from him. I think of a road trip in its different stages: getting started, traveling through the familiar areas before finally getting out on the roads less traveled. The changes in this piece as it progresses seem to be reminiscent of that (though I'm sure this time it's just my perception).

This one's just fun; too slow to dance to, too jolly to sit through, just right for a small social gathering in the country perhaps. The obvious focus is the violin, but there's quite a variety of folk instruments and just a touch of synthy twang along for the ride.

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

• 2 weeks later...

I was re-watching the BBC Chronicles of Narnia recently (mostly for nostalgia purposes), and I got to thinking about the audio dramas. I'm not that familiar with the industry at large, but I doubt there are many better examples of what the medium is capable of at its best. There's a perfect balance of communicating through character dialogue, sounds of action, and blended narration. I often compare it (unfairly) to the Mind's Eye Lord of the Rings, which is a great audio drama but showcases a lot of the difficulties the medium must overcome; you could theoretically have a drinking game for every time a character starts a sentence with the word "see," followed by a description of the action they are performing. Anyway, all that reminded me of this little theme from John Campbell which played at the beginning of the CoN audio dramas.

Spoiler

TTT

The time has finally come! I have waited months to feature one of my favorite genres of music at an appropriate time. So without further delay, I present a relatively tiny selection of Irish folk in commemoration of St. Patrick's Day.

Spoiler

Bonus Track:

This post barely begins to cover my appreciation for this genre, but it will have to do for now. I am very likely to post more of this in the future, and hopefully feature a wider variety of artists. Happy St. Patty's Day to y'all! ☘️

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I hadn't been so busy today (I am still considering it Saturday), but I somehow managed to make it here!

The nature of the CCM industry makes it a rather niche metagenre for a very specific target audience. But given that I listen to it at least as much as my other favorite metagenre (VGM), it was inevitably going to pop up here eventually. In honor of Resurrection Day tomorrow (I insist it's still Saturday right now), here's an old song written specifically for the occasion, which also managed to perfectly encapture the major characteristics of its era's style.

Spoiler

I needed more Saturday.

TTT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was rewatching some of my favorite Doctor Who specials recently. For those who don't know, the main theme of the series has been arranged and rearranged around the same motif for over fifty years. Across the TV series, movies, and audio dramas, there are at least twenty official variations. While I have been severely disappointed with the direction of the series of late, I have and will always consider the theme one of the best musical products of television ever.

These are the three version I suspect to be considered "the best" by the fandom at large, arranged by Delia Derbyshire, Peter Howell, and Murray Gold, respectively. Ironically, the motif itself was composed by Ron Grainer, who was not otherwise connected with the show and never arranged it for the series.

Spoiler

FTR, I suspect the case with most fans is to prefer the theme that coincided with their favorite Doctor, possibly by way of familiarity. I grew up with Tom Baker, so I'm partial to the first of these three (Derbyshire's second/third arrangement). But ultimately I love all of them (even the Dimensions and Delaware themes).

I might come back to talk about this theme more in depth at a later time.

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

• 3 weeks later...