Share music you like

Shionne Imeris

On 11/24/2022 at 10:08 AM, Ken Hisuag said:

I've already shared most of my favorite Thanksgiving songs here, so this year I'll share some classical autumn music instead.

Hide contents

Doesn't get more classic than that! 😁

All are blessed, in little ways and big ways, and it is good to have time to reflect upon it and give thanks; I pray everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

ooh i love Vivaldi.
Really liking the seasons set, the next season is my top favourite among all other classical, not just from the set.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

• 3 weeks later...

For Christmas celebration, some of my favorite Christmas songs.

Spoiler

Calmus Ensemble - Nova! Nova!

Cloverton - A Hallelujah Christmas

Danny Gokey - Lift Up Your Eyes

With all the countries we have represented on the forum these days, I got to wondering how much traditional Christmas carols differ (for those that even celebrate Christmas to begin with). I didn't have time to look into it myself, but I thought I'd mention it, and maybe I'll remember to search around next year. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

TTT

• 1 month later...

Something I've started doing with university friends is going to karaoke nights. However that's not something you can go to to sing obscure doujin songs, so I've recently been tapping back into the music I "grew up" with, and thought I'd share some of it here. I put "grew up" in inverted commas because it's not necessarily music from my time; most of this stuff was introduced to me by my family.

Mike Oldfield is my favourite British musician, famous for Tubular Bells. His absolute best stuff is instrumentals, however, you can't really just listen to the songs by themselves on YouTube, because he makes albums where each track is essentially one movement of single giant performance, and it's meant to be listened to together, so you can't do with having any loading time in between tracks. Listening to one of these albums (for me particularly Tubular Bells II and Music of the Spheres) is like a journey and an absolutely beautiful experience, but for the reasons I mentioned, I can't share it here. So instead, I'm sharing some of his songs with guest vocalists, which are still pretty banging.

Spoiler

Scissor Sisters are an American band, but I believe they found more success in the UK. The lyrical content of their songs is a strange mix, because you get some songs by them with incredibly wholesome lyrics and then others that are super innuendo heavy or even just explicit (in fact, the band name itself is innuendo). They could definitely be called contraversial, but overall I do have to say I like them. They're upbeat, yet also capable of making songs that are emotional or thought provoking.

Spoiler

The Corrs are a band of multiinstrumentalist Irish siblings. Also known as "Ireland's 3 most beautiful women (and their brother)". They're notable for combining pop-rock with traditional Irish musical style and instrumentation, and it's seriously banging stuff.

Spoiler

• Like 2

When I do not listen to rock or anything symphonic, it seems like I have been listening to more and more music from Japan (be it Touhou related or other series). Therefore, the recent example of two songs from Amagami SS:

The opening theme of the show for the first half of Season 1

The end credits theme for the second arc of first season. Episodes 4-7, Tanamachi Kaoru (voice and singing: Rina Sato)

• Like 2

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

It's St. Patrick's Day! Annual Irish folk incoming!

Spoiler

Irish Rovers - Rolling Home

Irish Rovers - The Unicorn

High Kings - The Wild Rover

I considered posting over on Mev's new music thread, but I'm not sure of the technical qualifications, so I've saved one for that and kept the rest here.

• Like 1

TTT

I ONLY FOUND OUT THIS GOT A VIDEO CLIP TODAY WHYYYYYYYY

Spoiler

the vibiest song I've ever had the pleasure to hear

• Like 2
  • Up 2

when we're alone and the world is gone...

...I turn to you, you're my number one...

I should be only posting songs unrelated to touhou that I like but I can't ignore that this thing was blasting in the main menu of the game
got me hooked on immediately, dunno why it hit me so hard

Spoiler

on another note, lemme drop some more songs that I like

Spoiler

think that's enough

• Like 1

this is finally back on youtube! it got taken down a month back and I'm happy I can listen to this masterpiece again

Spoiler

• Like 3

ok I'm sorry for being so annoying and posting here all the time but I can't stress enough how spectacular this song is.

Spoiler

okay that's it, bye

• Like 1

Been listening to Cartographer lately. Check it out if you like intense, orchestral music:
2nd album covers instrumental arranges of the first album.
"Selisona Pi" sounds a lot better with the inclusion of violins instead of the female vocals of "Selisona" in the 1st album, imo.

• Like 3

patchouliass2.png.e11a8850318b379359e5d4f48a638bd3.png

As man of consistency, I return here to commemorate Resurrection Day with potentially related music. I deliberated at some length over what to post, with my favored options lacking relevant material, giving me to ponder (not for the first time) the possibility of sharing from my other musical interests on a slightly more frequent basis. Regardless, I eventually settled on Don Francisco, whose propensity for ballads was as unusual in his time as it is now (I mean proper ballads, not forlorn country songs that are all too common). His most popular song is specifically written for the occasion. Have a blessed day, y'all!

Spoiler

He's Alive!

Jehoshaphat

Love is Not a Feeling

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 1

TTT

I recently got back into OSU and Etterna and found these:

Spoiler

Wait, why aren't the links embeding?

Edited by spagnips
fixed it for you, make sure to paste it as plain text so it auto-embeds
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I intended to post some Kobaryo to follow spag right above but dropped the idea, so have summer fever

Spoiler

• Like 2

deep sea

Spoiler

the original is also nice but I prefer this version

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was reminded today of this absolute banger of a song

Spoiler

have a good day

• Like 1

Around 1.5 years ago I listened to a new (for me) pair of singers called KMNZ, specifically a song called "R U GAME". I really liked it, to the point where I used it as my ringtone for a while. But I never listened to a lot of songs from them. I was scrolling my music library recently and saw the song, so I decided to listen to more of their songs/covers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kommisar has been uploading a lot of his older works to his channel recently; quite a few gems.

Spoiler

Kommisar - Twinkle Star

I don't know why this video title is in Japanese. The Third Man is an old suspense film noteworthy for a variety of things, but most relevantly to me they chose the gimmick of using only one piece of music for their soundtrack. Having seen the film, I don't think it worked, but the piece itself is good.

Spoiler

Anton Karas - The Third Man

I recently watched The Straight Story for the first time, and it's been awhile since I was as impressed with a film as I am with this one. It has been on my mind, and as such so has its music.

Spoiler

Angelo Badalamenti - Laurens Walking

• Like 1

TTT

• 3 weeks later...

I've some childhood nostalgia for the amusing compositions of Sandra Boynton. While I lack the context to fully appreciate the surprising range of talent featured in her albums, I could tell these songs had much higher quality of performance than they probably deserved. Regardless, they've never really left me, and can't say I mind.

Spoiler

When a Hippo Can Dance

I Need A Nap

Copycat

• Up 1

TTT