Odd Music Discovery

Drunken_Flower

F I R S T

just found this a while ago and i can't stop laughistening.

Spoiler

seems like they are Gaijin but also Japanese. what's cool with em is they often make the lyrics readable from English and Japanese with same pronouncation while having 2 different but related meaning.

this one titled... uh... You Gotta Stay or 留学生 (Ryugakusei (international student)). just try to say them fast if you dun geddit. aslo this one start at 1:00

another one is a parody of the legendary Let's Groove from Earth, Wind & Fire.

talks about F O O D

• Like 2

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Hmm this is interesting. Btw, hello everyone, it's a bit strange that this is my first public post, but we all have a start, haha.
Well, I liked both songs very much,specially the first one; they're catchy. 
My first contribution is this. It's a Japanese version of a Spanish song I used to hear when I was younger. I discovered this months ago and I cracked up at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trGyN0dSJP4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Spoiler
On 8/5/2020 at 3:42 PM, Ken Hisuag said:

Does this count as odd? I tend to think "unique," but English being the synonym heavy language that it is can make things confusing. At any rate, it's enjoyable. Have a special day!

Hide contents

I wouldn't consider it odd but it's definitely something you don't hear a lot lmao, surprisingly enough, the trappy style actually blends fairly well with Céleste's OST. (celeste is a great game btw check it out)

I've been listening to a lot of D'n'B (not sure if it's considered odd tbf) and the drums on that song are just based

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Inspired by Gou's recent Musical Discoveries post: I've come across tesla coil arrangements before, and so far this is the best one I've found.

Spoiler

On a side note, there ought to be a tesla coil Crimson in the Black Sea ~ Legendary Fish. After the meme songs, that is the most obvious piece to cover, no?

• Haha 1
  • Up 1

TTT

• 6 months later...

After so much time, there is still ambiguity surrounding the identification of "odd" music.

This is a one-man acappella performance; while this technique isn't too uncommon (noteworthy artist in the genre: Smooth McGroove), I believe it's slightly less common to be able to see all the parts, and certainly less common for it to be presented in such a performance style as this. Many parts correspond with the replication of a specific instrument, indicated both by the sound and the choreography.

That it happens to be a remix from one of my favorite films doesn't hurt. (Also, epilepsy warning perhaps?)

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 2

TTT

• 1 month later...