Touhou 6 - Issue with the ending cinematic

Derich

First, thank you for translating (maybe?), uploading and maintaining all these Touhou game.

I would like just to report a bug I saw on Touhou 6 (EoSD): when I finish a game in Normal mode with 1cc (with Reimu A, at last!), the game crashes:

* Either after the ending cinematic and before the credits (it happened once)

* Either after beating the final boss (with the final score) and before the ending cinematic (I managed to reproduce it a second time)

About the crash: the (full)screen freezes, then the application closes brutally. I do not have an error message.

I have re-downloaded a fresh archive to retry the game (in case of corruption of the save file), and the issue remains. I also tried to finish a "Easy 1cc" run (with 5 stages instead of 6), and the bug did not happen. In the case it helps, I play in Full screen on a Windows 10 and I did enable the patch updates (once more, thanks guys for maintaining all that).

In the meantime, I will try to figure out what triggers the bug (yay! more playing!), in particular what happens with a different resolution (in windows mode). If there is a way to have a "verbose" mode or to have more info about what happens before the crash, please tell me so that I can try it. Just don't ask me to check what happen on the harder difficulties, I don't have the skills (yet?).

(I'm almost convinced that Flandre does not want to unlock, so she used her power of destruction to crash the game just before it... ???? / In the worst case: I can grab a completed savefile to try the Extra Stage)

• 1 year later...

Archived