Do I ask this here or at Nitori's Workshop?... Oh well

Remilia Scarlet

No chance it's from the Japanese text being displayed incorrectly?  Most games probably need to be run in Japanese locale, if it's an English patch I'd need to see the error to say more.

This should also probably go under Derivative Works, so I've moved it there.

Minoriko.gif

2 minutes ago, dunaway5 said:

No chance it's from the Japanese text being displayed incorrectly?  Most games probably need to be run in Japanese locale, if it's an English patch I'd need to see the error to say more.

Pretty much this. Many fangames can have issues like that if your PC isn't correctly set up to run them. Otherwise, this could be some sort of reading or coding bug (if nothing else works, try reinstalling these games). If you're using an English patch, there might be a problem on your version of either the game or the patch that may be causing a conflict.

To begin with, though, try running these games while your PC is set to a Japanese locale.

A quick Google Search nets you a nifty result off the bat.

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Pretty much this. Many fangames can have issues like that if your PC isn't correctly set up to run them. Otherwise, this could be some sort of reading or coding bug (if nothing else works, try reinstalling these games). If you're using an English patch, there might be a problem on your version of either the game or the patch that may be causing a conflict.

To begin with, though, try running these games while your PC is set to a Japanese locale.

A quick Google Search nets you a nifty result off the bat.

Ok, I'll try that

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I'm having the same problem with the same game. Running the game with Japanese locale does nothing but replace some of the incomprehensible symbols with letters, but I still have no numerical values for things like levels, HP, stats, moves left, etc. It looks like this if I run in Japanese locale, without Applocale it's identical to what Remilia Scarlet posted.

s0GYRUd.png

Through EXTENSIVE trial and error I have determined that the problem on my end wasn't anything to do with my computer, the download, or the game itself. AppLocale doesn't work for TPDP, you need to use Locale Emulator. That's it, that was the whole issue.

Archived