Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

Ken Hisuag

This is one of the nudicso pieces I've found since the tournament ended. Actually, it popped up in my recommended after I had been searching for a while.

Spoiler

Also, ssbbmaster posted a Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander remix this week, so I'll include that too.

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

This Cosmic Mind remix was just uploaded today! Good timing, eh? Like most of the pieces from this soundtrack, this is a more laid-back type of orchestral arrangement. I get a noble/reverent impression from it, in contrast to CarrotWine's epic style. I'm not sure it quite fits, but I still appreciate it.

Spoiler

Since I'm here, I'll post this symphonic metal piece, too. FalKKonE only sells arrangements that he can license, and Kanako's announced inclusion in 17.5 has given me hope that I'll finally get this particular one.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 1

TTT

I've always wondered, can you attach mp3, ogg files on site and listen to them because that would probably be super useful for me (even for next tournament) so imma probably check this out in this post

Edit: Yes it works but you need to save on quality since site upload limit is 4.88mb, still it probably will be useful

Edited by Amamiya Yuki-
  • Like 1

I found this Touhou game jam compilation album on Bandcamp. It has quite the variety of noteworthy artists and styles.

https://touhoujam.bandcamp.com/album/touhou-jam-jams

Prismriver Orchestra released a jazz piece yesterday. I realize I just posted something from him, but I'm trying to ration out my backlog collection right now.

Spoiler

On that note, this will be the first chiptune remix I post on Musical Discoveries. HertzDevil's MEGA ZUN project features a more retro style, and he's managed to cover quite a few pieces across the series over the years.

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

I'm up later than I should be, and I'm unable to turn in yet. So while I'm waiting I think I might as well add a couple more things.

This is an interesting take on Hartmann's Youkai Girl.

Spoiler

Then another jazz piece. I don't know why I'm suddenly listening to jazz more, but the variety is good for the thread.

Also:
Bongos.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag
I was gonna post something else, but decided to save it.
  • Like 2

TTT

On 11/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, Ken Hisuag said:

Then another jazz piece. I don't know why I'm suddenly listening to jazz more, but the variety is good for the thread.

Also:
Bongos.

yoo i like that one, also from a obscure person? i take it.
and bongos.

me>?
im in mexico (mood) lately. the SWR themes really fit in the latin arranges

Spoiler

an arrange of Fragrant Plants, the circle is Nekonotsuka but this one is a guest arranger.
from album Pieces of Heavens, this arrange is really distinctive since the other's are hardstyle scrhanz stuff lol.
can you endure 12 minutes? surprisingly not repetitive, the arranger took different approach each time.

also another one from Foxtail-Grass Studio, this one is an arrange of Ridiculous Game. album is Natsukaze Memoria
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngfq4lzwwalvn02/05. 獅子奮迅.mp3?dl=0

now now Tamusic also joins, quite an unusual one from tamusic.
this one is Dancing Water Spray arrange, album is HEXAGRAM. shoulda well known with 85k views but screw it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofl8x1qUHv8

also i forgot if i ever put this here, outta theme but this one will never be boring

Spoiler

• Like 1

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Have you seen the Piano Guys video for I Want you Bach? As I listened to "Mocking Dance" ~ Can you step on the dancing?, I started to visualize a similar scenario.

There is a darkened stage, and in the forefront are two distinct groups. On the one side is an ensemble of Latino folk, and on the other is some form of rock band with synthesizers. As the performance progresses, these two sides continually trade off the song to each other, sharing and contrasting each other's styles. Over time, more of the stage is lit to reveal more parts of both groups. Sometimes the two will let the song rest equally between them, lending elements of both styles into a balanced blend.

This may be the first musical piece of over ten minutes that I remained completely engaged with the entire way through.

TTT

I managed to find these really good and very obscure remixes, from a pretty long time ago. This channel didn't make that many of them, but they're so good!

Spoiler

But as it turns out, he's also started making new remixes again just recently! Oh, and he's doing piano stuff as well! However still super obscure. I think these really deserve to be a lot more viewed for how high quality they are.

Spoiler

Edited by buskerdog
  • Like 1

Yep, I also remember that one being posted earlier.

5 hours ago, jssf1992 said:

Oh, I've been putting this off, but here's an old thing I would have shared for Halloween:

But that reminds me, since I guess a future Halloween remix tournament isn't likely, I might as well share the ones I had in mind.

Spoiler

You can see why I would have picked these for Halloween.

Unbeknownst to me in my postings since the tournament, 11th Hour was working on their next album. This is a collaboration group of orchestral remixers organized by crescentia, and notably features several artists which I've recently posted about. I feel I've done crescentia himself a great disservice in not featuring him sooner, so here's his track from the album:

Spoiler

Next up in the featured chiptune remixes is Kommisar. He hasn't posted anything recently, but there's several past arrangements from him which are worth a listen. His style is more complex than the retro sound of HertzDevil.

Spoiler

Buskerdog has just unintentionally scared me, and I applaud him for his incidental timing. I don't know if audio notifications are new, but I'd never head them before now. ?

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 1

TTT

And while i'm here gotta post this i guess

It's not 2hu yeah but EastNewSound is circle that also created lot of touhou stuff in past it also includes PV which is quite good at least in my opinion still main dish is song which i like so damn much even tho it's one of my newest discoveries

Edited by Amamiya Yuki-

It may be related somehow but i honestly doubt it i literally can't hear any theme in it also no metadata like original song/game etc which most of touhou arranges have only thing that's related is fact it's created by ENS which is one of more popular 2hu circles especially trance/electronic wise