Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

Ken Hisuag

22 hours ago, Garison DeCrick said:

Yooo already 25 uploads in 2 weeks? That's crazy! Hope the creator of that channel keeps up with the daily uploads (or at least uploads them in bulk and schedules them to become public daily lol). Because I really appreciate the audio visualizer they use over each track compared to the standard static fan art.

They already have a bunch of stuff privated and I imagine they add more private videos as artists send their works in. They release two videos per day at the moment. Also worth noting that it's run by a team, so yeah, they're organised.

I'm still listening to Wanwan right now, so . . .

Spoiler

I would really like Wanwan would add his previous work to Bandcamp; Life-Guiding Song in particular is one of my favorites. At least I've got Tri Focuser.

Anybody else notice a lot of the emoticons on old posts have turned into question mark quartets?

TTT

@Garison DeCrick I've occasionally reflected on a similar concept with dubstep-visualizers, as in the way the bars at the bottom of the screen or around the centerpiece jump out in wave formations in time to the music. A game could probably be themed around incorporating music visualizers into the danmaku, possibly with a different style for each boss and having that boss's theme tailored to the attack style.

I haven't yet looked into Barrage Musical ~ A Fantasy of Tempest, but I've heard it's danmaku is designed to be in time to the music; possibly this is a concept that could be adapted into the visualizer idea? I'd assume this requires a rework of the way battles progress; as it is now, everything would have to be timed attacks to prevent the music from falling behind.

Also the way the MIDI bars are glowing in this video made me think of this.

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

Last Wanwan post for a while, I promise. Despite being a short album, Trifocuser's soundtrack is one of my favorite things to come out of the fandom.

Spoiler

Also commemorating a rare moment of more than one or two of us being here at the same time.

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

I've got the current OST for Infinite Blade Pavilion compiled, but since it's too large to upload myself I'm gonna hold onto it until the extra stage is released.

To justify this update, here's some Touhou Unreal Mahjong:

@Nitorium I like the new colorization choices to the buttons and names, but what happened to the "hidden content" button? I kinda need that . . .

Edited by Ken Hisuag
Testing quote box

TTT

1 minute ago, Ken Hisuag said:

I've got the current OST for Infinite Blade Pavilion compiled, but since it's too large to upload myself I'm gonna hold onto it until the extra stage is released.

To justify this update, here's some Touhou Unreal Mahjong:

@Nitorium I like the new colorization choices to the buttons and names, but what happened to the "hidden content" button? I kinda need that . . .

What "hidden content"?

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

5 minutes ago, Nitorium said:

What "hidden content"?

The button that lets you condense things into a collapsible text box, like the above quote box. Having just typed that out, I realize the quote box button is still there, and can probably serve the same purpose.

One-Minute-Later-Edit: Yup, that'll work. Thanks!

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

On 10/20/2020 at 1:29 AM, buskerdog said:

Other "Idola Deus" I was talking about in remix tournament:

Oh i know that guy, he was in moriya records
he submitted an arrangement of backdoor sumthin, he doesnt seem to upload it anywhere else though.
until the godfukinforsaken manager forgot to put in his song.
he left.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

also i found this awesome channel

GENSOStorage
seems like a music distribution channel, although not big enough to be a Label.
Great way to find small obscure new circles.
Users submit their own song to be uploaded, so there's extremely slim chance the song will be striked
ofc there's seems to be some moderation on which to upload.

this one my pick from a quick look

Spoiler

totally not because yachie is my 4th waifu

she's literally a yakuza

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

@Drunken_Flower

On 9/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, buskerdog said:

A new youtube channel uploading Touhou arrangements called GENSOStorage has started uploading recently. Touhou doujin creators can use a form to submit their works to the channel; the aim is to help promote and archive both new and existing touhou arrangements.

It seems like it could become a great outlet for smaller creators, so if it grows it could give exposure to a lot of really obscure stuff.

bruh

RT3 is wrapping up, so it should be safe to post this.

I went looking for the original N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. when reviewing the tournament entry, and I appreciated the context it gave to the remix. Personally I think Nhato's version is better, but this one's still good in its own right.

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

20 hours ago, Ken Hisuag said:

RT3 is wrapping up, so it should be safe to post this.

I went looking for the original N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. when reviewing the tournament entry, and I appreciated the context it gave to the remix. Personally I think Nhato's version is better, but this one's still good in its own right.

Hide contents

Thank you!! I hadn't heard the original, I love this version too!

edit: oh yeah you don't yet know that was my pick

Edited by buskerdog

taking from RT3 to here

9 hours ago, Ken Hisuag said:

counter me with some True Administrator remixes

whoa whoa whoa, that's a hard request.
not many do the remix, and most that did anit give that much of a impression.
i think it's because the original, it feel really long and repetitive rite?
i'd say the best part from the original is at 1:04, also 0:36 is easily usable
if you remix it i recommend taking that part and scrap the other.
also what's with the long hold at 2:26

i only have 1️⃣

Spoiler

you may recognize the style if you play Secret of Mana

and for the record
my registered birthday is Akyuu's birthday, although year and month is correct, the day is not, we don't know the exact date.
i pick the 9th cause Akyuu
also im forever 12

also yes Jssf is old
he's been in this community since the first era

• Like 1

also here's what ive been into lately
dunno if i shared this here prevoiously
also dunno if anyone here like metal

Spoiler

ÅNRYÅ - Hourai Hunter 【Metal, Folk】
this actually my friend's, he's an amazing dude
also the album if you want, it's free

CROW'S CLAW - Princess of Bloodsucker 【HeavyMetal】
Yamagen voice is really great, i got this song stuck in me for years

Kissing the Mirror - Shanghai Eliminator 【DeathMetal】
same album as previous. i'd say this the best album they had.

Rib:y(uhki) - DEATHMARCH OF JIANGSHI'S PARADISEJACK 【HeavyMetal】
you may know him from Imperial Circus Dead Decandence (or if you read monster musume h-doujin a lot)
dunno if i should reserve this for halloween but i do have backups h'he

On 10/26/2020 at 4:24 AM, Drunken_Flower said:

i only have 1

But it was a great one! By far the best arrangement of the piece I've found yet! So thank you for that, and as promised here's a Cosmic Mind arrangement.

Spoiler

Yeah it's CarrotWine and you've probably heard it already but it's honestly the best out of the ones I found.

My metal tolerance level lies somewhere between heavy and hard, though I sometimes think metal subcategories are ill-defined so I'm not confident in my true tastes. I liked the ANRYA piece, and also the CROW'SCLAW that Garison mentioned. At one point I thought the likes of Demetori and xi-on counted toward my metal inclusiveness, but now I've realized they're closer to symphonic metal. There's still RichaadEB!

Spoiler

• Like 2

TTT