Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

Ken Hisuag

On 4/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, Drunken_Flower said:

HOLY FUK IT REAL

HOLY SUPERULTRAGREATSPECIALLYEXTRADELICIOUS RARE STUFF

*cough* also i dunno why quite a number of people didn't like surf rock. but eh... 

also hey Tangentg, i likin yer stuff

You've seen my stuff? Thanks. For the longest time the only surf I could find are Noe Eno's and it's like I went to the ends of the Earth to find more and alas there's barely any. I still hope that there will be more people making Touhou surf rock arrangements.

While we're at it here's another neat Touhou surf arrangement I found, although it's more liberal with the drumming (an inspiration for me to depart from the traditional surf beat too)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 5:01 AM, Ken Hisuag said:

Actually, this is rather fun! I believe that everyone has at least one song they'll like in any genre, and Stack's signature style working with the surf rock is a blend I can appreciate. Thank you for sharing!

I do feel similarly as well, moreso on the former, but also about the latter.

So, I've just happened to discover something else by the same guy who made the MAD I posted earlier... It's the original Bad Apple... Made using Alstroemeria's Bad Apple...

...And the most amazing part is, if you listen closely, the lyrics are still there.

15 hours ago, buskerdog said:

So, I've just happened to discover something else by the same guy who made the MAD I posted earlier... It's the original Bad Apple... Made using Alstroemeria's Bad Apple...

...And the most amazing part is, if you listen closely, the lyrics are still there.

Nice idea although parts of it don't seem to go so well together...

On 4/30/2020 at 1:17 PM, buskerdog said:

I hope to see more Touhou from these guys in the future!

You know I love orchestral, and both the arrangements and performances are superb! I see they just released a Touhou 3 medley today, so the chances of their continuing are high.

• Like 1

TTT

You know what, here's an old thing you young'ns probably haven't seen before:

Spoiler

The song is odd, but has some charm to it.  I really like the animation though, mostly for the throwbacks to all the games Sakuya was playable in (mainline at least).

If you want some emotion, though, there's also this:

Spoiler

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ken Hisuag said:

This week, Τeam αlternative Σnding released the OST to Glory of Deep Sky on Bandcamp. The album features an impressive collective of artists, including Wanwan, Spectral Nexus, and Aka Kyuketsuki.

Hide contents

I have no idea what any of this is but it pleases my ears.

Earlier this month, Kokyo Active NEETs did several DDC arrangements. Good stuff.

Spoiler

Plus, they released an old(?) performance the day after this post. So I'll add that too (because this is my new favorite remix of the piece).

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag
update

TTT

This is not what you're looking for, but . . .

Oh, turns out I found it on the top 50 Touhou doujin music video, it was the ED 7 for Memories of Phantasm, at the Hisoutensoku arc

And also this:

So cute, but depressing tho... (lol)

• Like 1

So apparently ZYTOKINE released 3 albums during C98 (05.05.2020) and for now im done with DiGiTAL WiNG so if someone likes/loves/is a fan of ZYTOKINE im gonna upload most of songs from their new 3 albums (most of them if not all are not uploaded to YouTube yet so those may be first)

Just telling you guys so those who likes their stuff wont miss it!
Thanks and have a good day!

• Like 1

This is a piano album I found on Bandcamp and can't find anywhere else. This makes posting it awkward, because the links won't allow playback from here. But I've been putting off this one for too long, so I'm finally doing it.

• Like 1

TTT