Ask me anything (old timer)

jssf1992

It has it's ups and downs, but I still like it.

I have to admit that these past couple of seasons, we're starting to see the restrictions of the meduim (short run time of web episodes, even though it's been getting longer each season).

Still like the characters, still like plot, still love the music.

Honestly?  Unlikely, unless I get Sean and Grace to come back (unlikely itself).  My two main OCs had a lot of prior development that simply doesn't exist here, and I've always been big on continuity.  Alternate Gensokyo would still be a little on the table, but I don't think I would be up to GMing it myself, and it's a long term kind of thing.  It's possible that I may jump into others that may appear RPing the official characters (like Alice).

It will all really depend on how active RPing here becomes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you're asking if it's possible, then yes.  I believe you unlock Komachi's by completing everyone else's arcade, and Eiki's by finishing Komachi's.  I'm not 100% sure of that however.

If you're asking if I personally have, then I think I have unlocked Komachi once in the past, but never Eiki.

Persona 4 had been on my video game bucket list for many years, and this past summer I finally had a chance to play it (specifically, P4: Golden on the Vita), and I enjoyed it immensely.  It definitely earns it's reputation as one of the best of its genre.

Yes, but I'm quite certain he was meant to be.  He's an exageration of many comic-relief character tropes, but when you think about what he is, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Actually, if you want to talk about it, I'll just copy-paste my basic thoughts on the game:

The Good: Great characters, and plenty of time given to them.
A really solid plot, doing very well to ease into the supernatural aspects of the story.
A mystery that not only works in how the story is presented, but you can and are asked to figure out the villain yourself, and the game doesn't hold your hand for it (though the likelyhood of being spoiled is extremely high).
Excellent drama and emotional punch coming into the games finale (something which I've not had enough of in games recently).
Some great music.
Solid combat mechanics and interesting twists on classic JRPG combat.
Good to great voice acting.
Naoto Shirogane.

Aside from the mystery itself, one of the most enjoyable things about the story was the way that when the game wasn't focused on the serious aspect of the plot, it was very good at setting a tone of just . . . nice, I guess. Especially in the last month you get after the main plot is over. Almost a slice-of-life feel, but with a bit more going to allow it the emotional connections and heart that really makes it a story. The best way I can think to describe it is slice-of-life, but with an actual story. (I feel like drawing at least a minor comparison to Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid on this respect).

The Bad: Voice acting is sparse (probably because it's a mobile port)
A few of the boss battles felt like prolonged slugfests, which is dissapointing after a few bosses that have interesting twists or strategies.
Most of the normal music (meaning not boss fights or specific scenes) are "merely" middling to good.
Felt pressured to romance Rise (not she's bad, but she wouldn't have been my first pick if I had to pick).
Questions about the supernatural elements of the story remain unaswered (at least in the normal good ending, I have the impression it's different for the true ending).

The other bad: I was spoiled for who the villain was (sort of, I knew they were bad, but that made it easy to peg them as the villain), so an aspect of the mystery was ruined for me.
The Vita is my father's, so I won't have time to do a more thorough run of the game and get the true ending.
Now I want to play Persona 3, 5, and Arena, but I probably won't for a few years.

SPOILERS (I guess that means just Xicon? At least we can talk about something we both like now)
Adachi was a surprise, even though, as I said, I was spoiled as to his evil nature, but not the . . . degree to which he was. While his boss fight was a little dissapointing, the scene preceding it was great. Enough I wish I could have seen him in his "real" personality longer.

I also wish I could have seen more with Detective Dojima. While I understand that interaction with him had to be limited to make the climax work, I would have been very interested in what spin they could have given an interesting, if archetypal, character.
END SPOILERS

Archived