What was your first touhou game?

Bobbyboybaka

Mine was actually Hisoutensoku, I ended up joining the game's discord accidentally but decided to stick around because I thought it looked cool. The first bullet hell I played was Mountain of Faith though, since I'd heard somewhere that it was a good one to start with (it was) and it had Aya who was my main in Soku. Still took me around 9 months to get around to playing MoF after Soku though.

• 3 weeks later...

Wandering Souls was the first Touhou game I ever played in late 2013, which then led to my mate showing me EoSD on his MAMEcade (it was also the first one I completed on Normal too). It is funny me using that initialism now so freely because back then, I had no idea at all what they represented when the titles of the tunes flashed up at the beginning of each section of that particular game, such as "PoFV - Spring Lane ~ Colorful Path" for example. Then again, you are looking at someone who had no idea a certain shrine maiden was the long-running protagonist of the series either. (^_^;)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

So I could give two different answers here. First is the "real" answer because it was legitimately my first, which would be Genso Rondo on PS4 ( no dlc :c ) which to this day is an absolute blast and one of my favourite games. It's a style of game I wish was more common because it's super fun and interesting, and I wish I had more people to play with.

But as far as actual proper, official, main games goes, my first is Imperishable Night. My friend who's into Touhou told me to play it, I had no idea who any of the characters were or what the heck was going on or even what the games were actually about at the time, but I had a great time and I look back fondly on that first run. (which ended really quickly to probably a fairy)

• Up 1

"I'm still trying to find the whereabouts of the heart,

now I have to find the bustling marketplace too? What the heck Zun?"

2069208610_ChimataEyes.png.e5c4f93eec188519fc7cb80192af2301.png

• 1 year later...