Noob to touhou doujin

howardtheold

Hi.

I'd just like to know how to get into touhou doujin works in general. I have been playing the official games on and off for 4 years, and watching touhou mmd on youtube but still I havent felt really got into the best part of touhou fandom at all.

I especially would like to know whether there is a list of ''must read'' initiation package sort of deal for doujinshi (non-age restricted and r18 inclusive), and some classic ''must know' MMD or arrangements. Is there any informative place where i can  get recommendations for that, or any resource site that has all the classic stuff ?

Also where do I discuss topics related to touhou arrangements and music groups?

I really like those doujinshi from early 2000s to early 2010s. I cant find them easily on the net tho. generally if you want touhou doujin, all age ones in particular, which sites do you go to? i am using e-hentai but i dunno if there are better ones. 

Also how do you prevent spoilers if you havent played all the official games and known the stories? 

"Doujin" has always seemed ambiguous to me.  Some people use to mean just fanworks, other mean "indie".  If you mean the latter, thus including the official works as well, then the handful of Slice-of-Life style official works or Silent Sinner in Blue would be good to start with.  I personally don't read a lot of the Touhou fanfiction (unless you count the fangames), so if you mean that, I won't be much help.

You can discuss music in this sub-forum, or the music section under Akyu's Studio.

Spoilers aren't really much of a concern, the main stories are loosely connected, but not very focused on plot.  The most you could be spoiled about is returning characters, which isn't really the biggest thing to worry about (unless there's something radically different about the most recent one, which I haven't played . . . )

Archived