1 hour ago, -ScarletScythe- ✠ ✠ said:

Any specific error you're getting that could help me understand the problem?

For the main tohou games I get a vpatch error message and then Japanese text. For SOD, I have battle backgrounds not working, text not showing up on the start and style change screen, the sound effects not working, the animation for post style change puppets not showing and leftover Japanese text.

4 hours ago, PhantomPhoenix said:

For the main tohou games I get a vpatch error message and then Japanese text. For SOD, I have battle backgrounds not working, text not showing up on the start and style change screen, the sound effects not working, the animation for post style change puppets not showing and leftover Japanese text.

this is the error I get with the main games.

Error.PNG

6 hours ago, PhantomPhoenix said:

this is the error I get with the main games.

Error.PNG

I've actually found a practical use for my very limited Japanese skills!

I'm 90% confident that this message reads "Game's execution file was not found" (I spent way too long translating that)

So that probably means that the .exe file is missing. Are you trying to run to the patched version of the game? Because the patched versions of the games work ONLY if the original Japanese .exe file still exists! If this is the case, then the easiest way to fix is to just redownload it.

In case you don't know what the Japanese .exe file looks like, for touhou 13 as an example the original .exe file is called "th13.exe", whereas the patched versions are usually called "th13e.exe" or something similar, depending on what patch is installed.

16 hours ago, buskerdog said:

I've actually found a practical use for my very limited Japanese skills!

I'm 90% confident that this message reads "Game's execution file was not found" (I spent way too long translating that)

So that probably means that the .exe file is missing. Are you trying to run to the patched version of the game? Because the patched versions of the games work ONLY if the original Japanese .exe file still exists! If this is the case, then the easiest way to fix is to just redownload it.

In case you don't know what the Japanese .exe file looks like, for touhou 13 as an example the original .exe file is called "th13.exe", whereas the patched versions are usually called "th13e.exe" or something similar, depending on what patch is installed.

I did what you suggested and the games worked!! any advice for the SOD stuff? ????

Not familiar with the acronym SOD  : /. I dunno, maybe I can help if there's some kind of error message or something?

EDIT: Just saw your post from earlier about it, so it's Puppet Dance Performance. I don't really dabble in fan games so I can't help you there, but to me it just sounds like a bunch of assets are missing for some reason.

13 hours ago, PhantomPhoenix said:

explain assets. 

Basically all the images and sounds and stuff actually in the game. No idea why they would go missing though, the problem could easily be something else. Is the game in English by design, or are you using a patched version? In the case of patches it's always worth running the Japanese version as well, just to see if the problem is with the actual game or with the patch modifying it. But as I said I haven't played this game so I can't help you in much detail.

If you haven't already you should try redownloading the game, because it sounds like your copy has gotten pretty messed up if you ask me.

Archived