Jump to content

Has anyone heard of Danmaku!!


Recommended Posts

So I was browsing the Touhou animation community today, when i discoverer  that their is a card game for Touhou called Danmaku!!.

Anyone played it, the reviews all say the game is fantastic that i am thinking of importing it from the USA to the UK (home). 

The rules look good and the art on the cards look fantastic ( however i don't like the card for Yukari, as it is too "busty" and not evil/scheming/polting enough, but i can edit that. not to say that the artist is bad, but i don't think it captures the essences of my favorite (one of my 5 most, as i like all of the chricters) Touhou cast (she is also one of the best evil-doers/anti heroes in games))

Also it is not that expensive to get it and its add-ons.

Home- https://danmaku.party/

Cards- https://danmaku.party/rules/cards/

danmakubox-600x600.png

LE-Tim-Edit-3-600x600.png

front-115.png

Character card- over 40 of them in the game

 

LUNAR-WARS-212x300.png I like this card a lot????

Play Card

Edited by GundamFan15
new images
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day I was talking with some of my card/board gaming friends, and I said "we need to play the touhou card game that I have never even heard of but almost invariably exists somewhere"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Touhou community never disappoints. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I plan on getting it and both expansions as soon as the second is released. i live in the UK and its only store is in america so i have to pay heavy import and delivery. Thankfully, the pound is stronger than the doller (until brixeit comes and ruins that) so its only 60 pounds for the core and first expiation and P&P (same price as card games and expation of other card games like exploding kittens or cards ageist humanity).

once i get it i can post a review for those who are interested in getting the card game Danmaku!!

There is also a demo vers on there website as well as one for tabletop simulator.

 

P.S Yukari's card dose not look as bad as i thought as someone pointed out that she is bending her body forword. Not prefect but i makes the card look much nice and it is growing on me the more i look at it..

Edited by GundamFan15
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 9:48 PM, buskerdog said:

The other day I was talking with some of my card/board gaming friends, and I said "we need to play the touhou card game that I have never even heard of but almost invariably exists somewhere"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Touhou community never disappoints. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Your welcome. Happy to spreed the lesser know stuff i come across. Did you look in to it yet. Have any new thoughts about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GundamFan15 said:

I plan on getting it and both expansions as soon as the second is released. i live in the UK and its only store is in america so i have to pay heavy import and delivery. Thankfully, the pound is stronger than the doller (until brixeit comes and ruins that) so its only 60 pounds for the core and first expiation and P&P (same price as card games and expation of other card games like exploding kittens or cards ageist humanity).

once i get it i can post a review for those who are interested in getting the card game Danmaku!!

There is also a demo vers on there website as well as one for tabletop simulator.

 

P.S Yukari's card dose not look as bad as i thought as someone pointed out that she is bending her body forword. Not prefect but i makes the card look much nice and it is growing on me the more i look at it..

 

20 hours ago, GundamFan15 said:

Your welcome. Happy to spreed the lesser know stuff i come across. Did you look in to it yet. Have any new thoughts about it

Heh heh, so I'm not the only one with exploding kittens here I see

Also I'm going to be getting this (the base set) around Christmas time so I might post a little review of it myself once I've tried it out a bit - having looked into it, I certainly think the base game does look very good. As for the expansions, I'm not really sold on the first expansion, however from what has been shown of the second expansion so far it looks a lot more interesting, so I might get that one once it releases and we can see all the cards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, buskerdog said:

 

Heh heh, so I'm not the only one with exploding kittens here I see

Also I'm going to be getting this (the base set) around Christmas time so I might post a little review of it myself once I've tried it out a bit - having looked into it, I certainly think the base game does look very good. As for the expansions, I'm not really sold on the first expansion, however from what has been shown of the second expansion so far it looks a lot more interesting, so I might get that one once it releases and we can see all the cards.

I just bought the Danmaku core and lunatic bundle today so now it is on the way

I am a part of a war-gaming club that plays lots for miniatures and card game like Pokemon, Warhammer 40k, AVP, Doctor who into the time vortex, exploding kittens, unstable unicorns, X-wing and other games to name a few. UK is the home of many for these big companies so it is easy to find lots of folks who will play these games with me.

Also, it would be nice to have more than my review on this site as it might get others to check it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 10:09 AM, GundamFan15 said:

It's here:)

image.jpeg

It looks amazing, I can fid the expansions so I guess they are sold out. Also, does the game really need 4 players to function, 4 players can even be the maximum amount of players for a game so Im wondering if it actually needs 4 players to function (like it says it does), thanks and sorry if I seem like an idiot for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I've heard of 'Danmaku' as in Bullet Hell, but I haven't heard of this game before. It seems cool and I would like to try the game out since I like Touhou fighting games (despite most of them being packed with bullets) 

Either way, seems interesting. I like the artwork lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.