The True Buffet

Cejic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It varies from year to year. Last year was definitely Monster Hunter World. Overall the game with the most hours is probably PSO2 with warframe or minecraft following up. 

You've finally found a character from touhou. Who is it and what are you asking?

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

• 2 weeks later...

Well if we go by a random online quiz I found the Arcana would be Heirophant, which apparently already includes Mishaguji in some games... granted a more... phallic representation than in touhou. 

Given an OC (do not steal) one though... Cerridwyn would be the name I suppose, it's already a literal character/persona I use in most games. And I'll go with Moon for an arcana. Most decisions I make are based Observations and Intuitions rather than cold calculations, even when doing programming I'm mostly thinking about the flow of data and doing a mental feel rather than true pathing and math.

What are your thoughts on fandoms? do you think they help people connect? or do you fear that they lead to infighting and ostracism of those on the fringes of the fandom?

1 hour ago, Cejic said:

What are your thoughts on fandoms? do you think they help people connect? or do you fear that they lead to infighting and ostracism of those on the fringes of the fandom?

*looks at Moriya Shrine Forum (and Discord)
Yes they did connect people. People with the same liking tend to attract each other. whether it's Touhou or Anime or even antique collectors. you feel it right? i can't explain

on the other side there's a situation where people fight for what they like and believe, mostly because lack of a simple "respect" to the others. if we just can respect other's opinion and believe, that will not likely to happen.

Next question: What do you think of Moriya Shrine? (i mean this website)

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

playing vidya games(either on phone or PC), watching anime (which i haven't done recently), practicing piano, chat on the Moriya Shrine Discord, do some useless research on Wikipedia or lay on my bed and breathing . 

Q 34 = Characters that you despised at first but, after seeing his/her character development or back story you started to like him/her

I'm honestly really struggling to think of an example, most of the time a backstory can't save a character I actively dislike. The backstory can make a character interesting and save them from being bland, but if they're a prick then they are a prick, doesn't really matter why they act that way if I don't want to be around them in the first place. There's plenty of villains that are pretty bland and forgettable before you start into their backstory. Dracula from Castlevania comes to mind what with the recent netflix adaptation. Takes a generic "Exterminate Everyone" bad guy and turns it into this fallen martyr of a character that, while pure evil and unredeemable, is still relatable. 

(35?) Given the ever increasing rate of media output, monitization, and consumption, what is the appropriate length of time before you start posting spoilers on a topic, does that change if the medium requires more time/energy for a potential viewer to get the complete experience?

Spoiler eh? it's kinda hard to decide when since it'll ruin the experience. better to post it in dedicated spoiler section. but for public post, i'd say It's different for each media like Games, Visual media, Books etc. (considering this is a talk about famous or well known media)

For Games, it's usually take longer since the player need quite a lot of time to finish it. also considering the popularity, the growth, acquirability, game length and the community. i'd say it'll take 1-2 months or even longer before you can post it in public.

For Visual media, it take less time to spread. since it's easier to acquire than game and faster to finish. i'd say at least 2 days for a single episode of anime or something similar and 1-2 weeks for Movies.

For Books, since people have less interest in it nowadays i thought it's okay to post spoilers since no one care, the spread isn't as fast as the previous, it'll take very long, 3 months or more, maybe even years (if it's not adopted to be a movie or such). but for stuff like manga, since there's a lot of enthusiast, it'll spread faster.

and then there's a situation where things became meme, spoiler spread FAST even faster than Sanic. there's nothing we can do about it.

Next Quest: what is the stuffs that change your point of view of the world?

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

I've more or less had a library, video store, bathroom stall, post office, pen-pals, and social clubs within 20 seconds of my reach since I was 6. 

Despite this I don't know that I've every really merged with the zeitgeist like most people my age/younger. Something about broadcasting my views into a torrential unceasing flow of ideas like twitter seems pointless without having a waiting crowd that you know wants to listen. Between that, the polarization of media due to every increasing competition for attention and other such negations of niche culture, it increasingly just kinda wears down on me. But as I'm not usually wanting for time fillers/afraid to come to my own faulty conclusions and communication those conclusion for reform, I've never had an issue disconnecting.

I'm definitely reliant on information lookup though. I think I used spellcheck around 50 times when writing this. Not to mention the utter life saving torrent of information/games/people that I find outside the main social media spaces, without having access to such things I probably would have turned into a criminal out of sheer boredom. 

Question the 38th: What do you do with thoughts you have that you want to voice and have conversations on but know that it only leads to arguing and no actual conversations? 

I heavily consider what I want to say.
I ponder if I'm knowledgable enough on the topic.
I wonder if there are any other places I could make the question at without stirring things up.
Finally, I DON'T do anything lol why would I ever voice myself what the hell is this an alternate dimension

Real talk, guess that goes to my closest friends. Those can be argued with without any social detriments. Anyone else is subject to the rule of "if I wouldn't care, then they won't, too".

Question 39: How do you feel about people randomly shitposting during a semi-serious conversation (nothing the likes of vents, moreso people talking about stuff and then this one guy comes up and does dumb shit)?

*cough* i wouldn't be here if i could spend whole lotta money.
It's pay to win, not impossible to win. I usually only use what i got. Loot, Rewards, or maybe even scavenged equipment. anything but paid. and having good skill instead of good items is satisfying (said by someone who doesn't have skills).

Question 41 (y'all miscounted the number. it's buggin me) : Given 10000$ what will you use it for?

jokingly said life and GTA SA using no cheats or mods it felt too boring , but seriously said if i don't like a game i won't even remember it but the worst that i can actually remember was the GBA port of Tales of Phantasia. the PS1 port was ok tho

question = what console is the best console in your opinion? 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I'm getting this right but... poltergeist the room until everyone runs screaming, then walk out with the prize... unless this is the persona 5 thief thing? then just walk in like I own the place, rock-paper-scissor'sing my way to the treasure, as all good RPGers know you have to clear out the rooms to get enough XP... (no I've never played a persona game, all I know is what I've seen roommates play.)

Next question:

Given the context of difficulty being split between required time investment and twitch reflexes, and the fact that by their inherent design the games that follow reduce twitch requirements as time is invested. Are Dark Souls & Monster Hunter games actually difficult?

PS: i've never played any dark souls or monhun personally so i'm going on plain assumption of the gameplay here.

going by that context games like dark souls and monster hunter are a matter of getting used to things, learning patterns, and getting the materials needed to get better equips (there could be more that i don't know). it'll take a long time to do those thing and it can get really frustrating. this is why those kinds of game are considered a hard game. but the more you got used to it the easier it gets, so pretty much if you can get used to it easily it won't be the hardest game like most of people said.

next question:

opinions on nowadays games?

Apologies I usually try to do a 2 person minimum between my posts here, but I like the question cause I get to rant about games, any y'all can'ah stop meh.

Depending on what you mean by "nowadays games" my opinion tends to go from "pretty fun & real interesting" to "I don't even understand why it's made."

In general, I find the advent of loot box & microtransaction games to be a pretty negative influence, and not for the usual "pay2win" or "gambling" relations. It has to do with the marketing methods used to encourage the in-app purchases. The easiest way to do this is to put you in competition with a player that has things you want. Some companies have literal tech docs describing the process, but on an even more general level this means a trend towards games that encourage optimization of play and long hours of investment in a multiplayer competitive-coop or vs environment. And I'm kinda sick of that level of just sheer combativeness being built into most games. There's very few titles that allow you to just relax and go through the game when you've got Max'i'minner and credyt2taem breathing down your neck or just regularly curbstomping you. 

That's more the overall market trend though. There's still a bunch of amazing games coming out. I whole heartedly recommend everyone try Hades, Slay the Spire (which happens to have at least half a dozen touhou mods at this point, still growing), and Iconoclasts.  Metro: Exodus has also been a great addition to the Fallou- I mean... Metro franchise. 

That's rather condensed as I have a tendency to over analyse and hyper criticize any title/trend these days, but yeah... 

Q: What would it take to shake your faith enough to swap your favorite 2hu?

Uhh :after thinking for a second time:
Character theme,species,the powers they have,etc etc etc. (Honestly I think I could go on forever if I didn't put etc.)

Q:How many times can you try to 1cc lunatic Story of Eastern Wonderland without rage quitting?

"The Fool Arcana does not mean it can be taken lightly."

Archived