Touhou 17.5 Announced (Already!)

buskerdog

Touhou 17.5 has been announced! And it looks like it's going to be a... platformer? I think?

This game is another collaboration between ZUN and Tasofro (hence the distinctly not-ZUN artstyle), however it's also going to be the first official Touhou game Tasofro have made that isn't a fighting game (they have made platforming Touhou fangames in the past, though). What do you think of this? I'm really excited that ZUN is letting Tasofro do something new with the series again... who knows, maybe this will spawn an awesome series of platforming spinoffs, like how we have several fighting game spinoffs? Anyway, while at this stage there is a lot we don't know, there's one thing I do know: those sprites are crisp af.

175early.jpg.70a3269ebbdee6ca10597e5322893bf2.jpg

i have seen the demos going around, it looks like an awesome boss rush platformer. i do think that in invisable dash last too long but the art is epic, combat looks slick and hype and we may see some faces who have not appeared for a long time (manga exclude as all appear in those all the time).

overall looking forward to it. those sprites are epic.

P.S: i know one faces has shown up to surprise people and fans alike.

I wish you all have a wonderful day everyday.

• 10 months later...

Update on Touhou 17.5: Tasofro have shown a new trailer for the game, and will apparently release beta 2 sometime in September. Since I didn't get the chance to play the first beta, I'm looking forward to this!

Also, according to this trailer Kanako is gonna be a playable character! She got the short end of the stick in Hisoutensoku, so it will be interesting to get the chance to fight (and see the story) from her perspective.

Update (Or Fun Fact, idk): The composer this time would be Ziki_7, who arranges Mokou's theme for ULiL and AoCF!

Yay playable Kanako!

I smell that Toutetsu would be here too, the game itself is named after His/Her Alliance, so thre's a tie I guess? ZUN said it that this game will going to focus around those 3 alliance of WBaWC, if I'm not mistaken (Keiga, Goyouku, and Kiketsu)

• 1 month later...

Archived