Survay for a touhou website project

sheeptime

Hello fans out here, I am a Touhou fan from Hong Kong. English is not my first language so I apologize for any inconveniences.

After being a Touhou fan for about half a year, I have noticed that Touhou Fan overseas have a hard time for obtaining Touhou material, more precisely the Doujin Music of Touhou. Even If I would like to purchase music from a circle/creator, sometimes there is no way to support them through purchasing their album in either physical form and digital format. Although this situation is getting better with the introduction of websites like Itune and Apple Music starting to include Doujin music, sometimes they are still locked for purchase in Japan only. And worse, many musics I love is not available on the official platforms. Their circle may be disbanded, or it is a CD from an active circle but they are not producing anymore. What this means is we are forced to obtain said music though ways that will not be beneficial for the Doujin creators, with uploading/ripping website being one of the worst choices we have.

To solve this problem, I am thinking of creating a website that will benefit both the oversea fans and the creators. I am calling the website as Library/Museum right now, but it might change in the future. Just like the library for books, this website will work in a similar way for collecting Doujin music. This website will be a hybrid of Doujin music database and official support for Touhou creators to spread their music oversea. The website will look similar to thbwiki and vgmdb, listing out thousands of circles/producers. The different for this website is there will be a listen/download option for non-obtainable music. And a link to the purchase sites for album/music that are still available. In this way, the publisher can benefit from getting sales for the music that they are still selling. And people who love Doujin music can have a better way of obtaining music while supporting the publisher.

list.thumb.JPG.bd5a0a63dfd77551d166b944def0efc5.JPGA simple table for what the library will provide for album depends on their current state

1993675961_-VEN2.O.JPG.1be085083888ec3ce88c59a4c6a18d46.JPG
As this diagram is shown here, the website is not a download site for doujin music of all kind, it will only cover doujin music that are not available from the publishers and circles anymore and not all the music that they have been produced. If the music is available for purchase in official sites that are bringing income for the publishers/circles, it will not be available on the museum/library.

As a sort of reference, an album that is still obtainable from the producer(In this case, TOHO DANCE ANTHEM Vol.1 from DiGiTAL WiNG) will have a site like this on the museum/library:

1868378743_canbuy.thumb.png.52ddbec429c7a093bb29d55e8d547d39.png

Because it is still available for purchase, there will only be purchase link and information of the album.

In the other side, an album that is out of print from the producer(In this case, TOHO DANCE デジウィ FUTURE instrumental from DiGiTAL WiNG, an instrumental disc of the album デジウィ FUTURE which was an extra CD)

1152260194_cantbuy.thumb.png.4ef527744d22f79d2f1767d37450fdff.png

In this case, the album would have a listenable/downable source for the CD, while promoting other still obtainable CDs at the side.

Sorry for all the long words, but for this website to become reality I would really need opinions and view from oversea fans. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOneKakwThj4iY_T2XiWmzNv8zJgvE3MRLuwBNuckw_XEV0Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

Here is a survey I would like you to take, but please leave comments/views about this on here also. Either for the idea of the Library/Museum or the improvement of the survey will be very welcome.

oh! that sounds neat! I don't listen to doujin music very often (if at all), but I would have liked to submit comments on the form about this new website thing as well. Good luck on the project!

Archived