Issue running TPDP Shard of Dreams

GasterMaster70

So, for some stupid reason. TPDP Shard of Dreams is breaking on me. I can easily start and play the game, but for some reason, the game will freeze the image while still accepting inputs from the controller. That means I can still play, but the screen is frozen. Also, I've tried many things: Running in compatibility mode, separating the base game and the YNK folders, removing the .bak files, you name it. If anyone has a fix, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it here.

BTW My copy is fully updated and translated, and it worked just fine until a month ago.

welp... this is hard
there multiple possibilities

1. your PC cant keep up, here's the requirements
    Spoiler

System Requirements:
    Operating system: Windows Vista/7/8.1
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Hard drive: 290 MB
    Graphics hardware: VRAM 512MB

2. your graphics driver is outdated, try to update em
  3. there's somethin wrong with the installation, try to reinstall em
  4. game save messing it up, try to delete the save and the gn_enbu.cnf
  5. windows version problem :^(
  6. fug idk

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

You said it worked just fine a month ago, do you have a restore point that is one month old? Restoring to that point may help. Or, if you can remember what you installed / changed / updated one month ago, that can help too.

All hail Linux, praise FLOSS!

Thanks, Drunken_Flower, for telling me the specs needed. I screwed something up more so than usual and my PC speeds dropped from 2.71 GHz to 2.41 GHz. I managed to raise it to 3.11 GHz with an app called Quick CPU(which I recently deleted. I imagine that was what caused my speeds to drop), and that fixed it. No more sprint-crashing.????????

I just need to remember to turn on Quick CPU whenever I play the game.

But I accidentally turned off my other 3 CPU cores and can't reactivate them, so now my computer's a piece of kuso???? Meh, I need a new one anyway.

NEVER MIND I FIXED NOTHING!!! IT BROKE ON ME AGAIN!!!

It seems to break a lot whenever I record using the built-in Game Bar. Which is unfortunate because that means I can't record it until my computer gets fixed. But it still worked every other time.

Archived