Do you play AoCF with subtitle mode or english patch

buskerdog

I've been playing using the thcrap English patch but I was wondering if the subtitle mode that comes with the game is a good quality translation or not, and if people prefer to use the subtitle mode or the English patch. I don't really want to play all the story modes over again with subtitle mode just to see the difference...

I'm not sure about the translation quality but personally i prefer the thcrap patch.
actually, the official in-game translation only translate menus and dialogues.

Official in-game translation:

WbNRbhK.gif

thcrap Patch:

zUXYWy6.gif

pls_rember.png.7e1684e8ba3acfbdd742c94553cd048f.png pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Comparison 1

Original (Japanese):

Spoiler

RTNb9fI.jpg

Spoiler

ZUPvAms.jpg

thcrap, Subtitle mode: Off

Spoiler

ReTFUDo.jpg

yP8VxLb.jpg

thcrap, Language: English (Subtitle mode: On)

Spoiler

E4Vj5iV.jpg

BhJVn1q.jpg

pls_rember.png.7e1684e8ba3acfbdd742c94553cd048f.png pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

Well, looks to me like the thcrap version is more polished, which is about what I expected. Thanks, this comparison was really helpful (although I should point out that you could've made it a bit better by putting the same text in each screenshot. As in, two of your screenshots have the 'maybe I'll possess you next' winning text and the other two have the 'You are only loved by animals' winning text').

But yea, "My sister is also loved by nothing but animals, so are you hated by humans, too?" is a much better translation than "Animals always love my sister but do you also hate humans?"

8 hours ago, buskerdog said:

although I should point out that you could've made it a bit better by putting the same text in each screenshot

I added more screenshots, Now we have both versions ????
(I edited my previous post too)

Comparison 2

Original (Japanese):

Spoiler

mXBkbI9.jpg

Spoiler

QblHdCE.jpg

thcrap, Subtitle mode: Off

Spoiler

ReTFUDo.jpg

Xi24jho.jpg

thcrap, Language: English (Subtitle mode: On)

Spoiler

E4Vj5iV.jpg

lqZi8Lb.jpg

Archived