Reimu in smash-New hope?

GundamFan15

Reimu chances now to be in Smash  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Reimu chances now to be in Smash?

• I think it is a high chance that Reimu could be in SSBU
    • I think it is a low chance that Reimu could be in SSBU
    • I think she could be in smash, but not this one (AKA, the next instalment)

Any changes in you opinion after E3 for Reimu in SSBU.

I feel a lot of hope now with the great banjo (AKA: the not in 100 years chose like cloud chose), and picking a Goku-like characters for the other side (which should make them happy) and mor games on switch (including 15.5 an official game) I feel like on day she could get in one day.

But this is not about my thoughts, I want to here your ideas, as other great fans of Touhou.

Vote in the poll

Note: names will not be made public but you can still show your thought bellow.

Thanks to all of you out there.

smash nintendo switch GIF by Miguelgarestdance apple GIF

I wish you all have a wonderful day everyday.

Banjo was loved by all sides, he was a good choice and i'm glad he finally made it in.
DQ Hero is also a good choice, though definitely an obvious one though.
Both of these characters are popular and were good choices.

Reimu's gonna be a hard one to justify, but I can see it happening for sure.
Touhou needs a real good western game, not a spin off or a third party made but real game in the western market that people like. 
I'm saying this in general, this might not be the necessary criteria to be in smash.

• 4 months later...

(Note this was posted in my old form by mistake, witch is why their are two of these)

Sorry im late to this but, Anyone heard of the leaks going around for Reimu in smash bros. There a lot going around and are pretty relieable. I don't fully trust them to save me disappointmet but even if they are not true, this will promote Reimu to those who don't know her and if they are, well i don't have to explain the hype touhou fans will feel . its a win-win situation

Even Sakurai stated the chricter did not need to be known, only that they have to be fun to play (as said in the Terry 40 min preview)

(PS. loved play Terry (he one of my favorite characters to play, even thought i never played an SNK game before so i have to look in to getting some), but he got 50 songs so Touhou could get a large selection too (though not as much)  

23 hours ago, GundamFan15 said:

Even Sakurai stated the chricter did not need to be known, only that they have to be fun to play

I don't care for leaks, never have, never will. But this. This is gold.

Also one thing I have noticed recently is there actually seems to be quite a lot of support for Reimu going around. Maybe I just hadn't seen it earlier, but it's almost like there's been this burst in popularity for her, at least in some corner of the internet. Not that it affects her chances of getting in, but it makes me happy to see that people at least want her in, regardless of if she actually makes it or not.

After looking at all the current leaks--
It really doesn't seem too likely at this point, but, knowing the fact that sakurai is possibly at least "aware" of her existence
(seeing as she was included in a taiko game with kirby characters.) "Taiko Drum Master" I think, gives me a little hope.
There does seem to be a decent amount of hope anyway considering Touhou is a pretty sizable IP in Japan as is.
The whole thing about Sakurai playing bullet hell games on his phone doesn't prove really anything as is already pretty well known at this point.
 Stuff with Sabi's source Is a little sketchy but I don't know enough on that to accurately give my opinion yet.
Hopefully she does make it but I'll keep my expectations low for now.

Sources I used.
Smashboards Reimu Thread
Gamefaqs Thread

On 11/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, buskerdog said:

I don't care for leaks, never have, never will. But this. This is gold.

Also one thing I have noticed recently is there actually seems to be quite a lot of support for Reimu going around. Maybe I just hadn't seen it earlier, but it's almost like there's been this burst in popularity for her, at least in some corner of the internet. Not that it affects her chances of getting in, but it makes me happy to see that people at least want her in, regardless of if she actually makes it or not.

It actually does affect her chances of getting in.
Ridley and King K Rool made it in because of request by many fans and Bayonetta won a popularity poll.

Sakurai wants players to be happy with the game first and foremost. If you want Reimu in the game, make some noise! 

This keeps coming up, so I might as well give my two cents . . . which is still exactly the same from long before:

First, yeah, it would be kind of cool to how Reimu would look in Smash, but honestly, I would see Reimu being way back in terms of possibilities.  While Touhou may be decently well known in Japan, and have a small, but growing fanbase outside of it, there are a lot of other franchises and characters that are more popular/well known/in demand.  The only reason I can think of for Reimu to be more likely is that I've gotten the (obviously very distant) impression that Zun is a chill guy and probably wouldn't ask for as much money as others would.  Of course, I also say this with no grasp of Nintendo's business model, so . . .

Second, an influx of new fans just really means more of everything.  More newbies, more noobs, more creators, more haters, more artists, more trolls.  There would be a disproportionate amount that would think ill of the series because "your character got in when it should have been my character", but that would (hopefully) pass.  Sadly, I can tell you that there are already people out there who hate Touhou "because it's popular".

15 hours ago, -ScarletScythe- ✠ ✠ said:

I'd rather not risk Touhou being exposed to a bigger community like that, the fandom is already bad as is and I doubt her playstyle in the Touhou fighters would transition well for a game like Smash.

I  hope not to sound rude, but I disagree with both statements because 

1. All communities have thier ups and downs (Star Wars) but we have to see the good in it. More fans will keep the spirit alive and it is something ZUN wants as he wish to spread and see us spread the joy of  Touhou not keep it to ourselves.

2. Smash made the villager and plant in to good fights who are harder to do. Plus she has been in a ton of fighting games with offer a tone of moves and animations to use in smash. Plus smash loves charicters who play very differently. The moves will transition well into a platform fight. If you want proof look at Samus, mega man and robin as they show her type of fighter works.

• 2 months later...

With dlc vol 1 over, a new day of speculation begins, who do you think will be the next character. My vote is Masterchief and Reimu .

ps I loved all of the new fights and they have been really fun to play.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived