If you were transported to gensokyo and you got a power to defend yourself.What power will it be?*Shooting damaku already included*(Can't have the same power someone of the touhou series(PC-98 and Windows era))

Chabono

Illusion...with a twist.

Everytime you use the ability, the results change everytime because it changes the factors as well as how many there are. The colors of their clothes, etc. However, it'll also affect you. Not as much, though. You need a lot of concentration and energy to use it.

Is mine interesting?

Edited by Spirit_Medium

• 5 weeks later...

Making any drawing came true

It came with 2 category, if It's an event, it will happen

But If it's a single object the object gonna pop out of the paper

Equipments: Notebook, Brushes/Pens

How it works: Touching the image/drawing/literally any 2D object will be materialized as an object/the event became true

(Dang... It seems like an SCP or something...)

A magical BFG 9000 that can turn into BFG 10000 (as a bomb) with infinite ammo (of course, if not, it wouldn't be a danmaku). But the drawback is I can't move when I shoot, and it has a slow, slooow recoil.

(Actually, the idea of having ability to change combat style doesn't sound bad either)

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

A magical BFG 9000 that can turn into BFG 10000 (as a bomb) with infinite ammo (of course, if not, it wouldn't be a danmaku). But the drawback is I can't move when I shoot, and it has a slow, slooow recoil.

(Actually, the idea of having ability to change combat style doesn't sound bad either)

sounds like Master spark nyuu.png.7b11b6ad91a699e17e51e905f76ba846.png

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

9 hours ago, Drunken_Flower said:

sounds like Master spark nyuu.png.7b11b6ad91a699e17e51e905f76ba846.png

Now that I think about it, yes.  Alright. Combat style change then. Block (limited), teleport, swords, and sniping. But one at a time. There is an interval between style changes, which means I can't change for indefinite times in  one minute.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Reality bending:
Uses:
teleportation to any place and time I've been to or know about by bending two points of reality into becoming the same space.
spliting reality= spliting danmaku if timed well
Flying = by inverting the reality's gravity in a small space
Delete/Create/Overwrite: Can change pretty much anything about a current moment. The only limit is not being able to change/Delete and/or create a personality or thoughts of a already existing person.

• 2 months later...

Ifi  had would have choosen a power, it would be

Restarting the same day without anyone noticing 

if i ever was an enemy in a touhou stage, and i have been defeated. i would have been restarting over and over without reimu noticing until i memorize every move and rather than getting defeated i'll jut go "nah i've fought you like 40 times thats enough."

Electric manipulation. Basically, the power to generate electricity and use it to attack. Also can allow me to hover over the ground with a small electromagnetic field.

Attacks include:

Type 1: Offensive

Shoots small nail-shaped electric bullets. Secondary bullets are magnetic balls that damage nearby enemies

Type 2: Defensive

Shoots fast, piercing electric bolts that divide themselves on 2 after being released. Secondary bullets are lasers that rotate around the player shooting every 2 seconds. Can't destroy bullets.

Spell cards include:

EMP: Releases a small blast of energy that destroy bullets. Does little to no damage to enemies, and can be used again after a long cooldown.

Thundershock: Shoots a powerful electric ball that deals heavy damage, destroy bullets, and gain a speed bonus for a short time.

Electroshock: Targets a random enemy and starts charging. After 5 seconds, the selected objective recieves a electroshock, dealing a lot of damage, and getting stunned for 2 seconds. However, the user gets weaker for 4 seconds after using the bomb (-fire rate,-power, and bombs disabled)

Since touhou is a bullet hell game, the last two spell cards uses power levels to work (like modern titles). The EMP Attack does not have cost, but it has a large cooldown, avoiding the abuse of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 10:34 PM, speedcodes said:

finger guns. (not the type that Inaba has, those are a lot more different)

Basically, my fingernails would be fired from my fingers so fast that it could just dig a hole in a rock. I think that's balanced even without the gimmicks.

Johnny Joestar would approve

Being able to use my opponents fears against them. Why dodge all the danmaku when you can just give traumas to your opponents so they mentally aren't able to fight anymore? Being able to know, expose, and manipulate someone's nightmares can give quite a lot of game, even more when it's more that a 1v1.

Playing with the feelings of the people seems like a jerk move on a battle, but if it's to death, might as well not lose.

An example would be something like making someone relive the memories of a relative one dying, and changing some of those to make them feel like the culprit, or to just leave them traumatized.

• 2 weeks later...

Being able to restore anything. Especially if I could use it on myself post-death though that's kinda getting close to Hourai Elixer powers.

So what if it doesn't really help much in a Danmaku fight. Nobody dies in those anyway. Getting beat up by Reimu once is pretty much the price of admission.

Besides, technically magic and even being a divine spirit like Kanako aren't unique abilities but rather learned skills acquired through discipline or acts of heroism. So I could use my ability pick for something defensive/quality of life focused and pick up offense with generic skill development later.

Edited by Heffmoney

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I like the idea of having any abilities, but with one downside: I can't pick what ability I wanted.

Like, one moment I could have a strength of Hercules himself,  but the next thing I know I get swords for arms.

Being a jack of all trades, yet a master of none. sounds interesting, don't you think?

On 7/25/2019 at 3:28 AM, Chabono said:

No problem."The ability to summon whatever I want." technically Yukari can do that with her gaps or Sumireko when she brings from the outside.

You can really say Yukari can do anything if you use that logic though... She can manipulate the borders of an item from the outside world to gensokyo, and if it doesn't exist in the outside world, she can simply manipulate the boundary of "it existing". I think their point is fine.

Howdy! Stay puffie! ^-^

I think having the ability to calculate everything my senses can perceive would be awesome. Watching a bunch of things simultaneously and understanding everything about them, being in a danmaku battle and instantly understanding the pattern and trajectory. It would be very useful

Howdy! Stay puffie! ^-^

• 1 month later...

since a lotta people already got the bullet reflection / parry idea, I'd just go with the skill of creating weapons on the spot, would make for a pretty fun way to fight

#1f1e33