Name 5 Hard Games for you

silly_suwako

I actually have to agree with your list. Apart from the first game (since I haven’t played it yet.) My list goes as follows.

1. Undefined Fantastic Object. The difficulty spikes are tremendous in this game. The game’s shot-types are pretty decent. Namely Reimu’s (And If one is using a certain mod.) Yuuka Kazami’s shot types are good, too. But even with that, I still get destroyed by Murasa on a good run.

2. Subterranean Animism. I read some reviews that piqued my interest in this title alone. They talked about how balls difficult the gameplay was... And they were right, in spades. Be that as it may, I can still make it to Orin with all my stocks until she depletes my lives & bombs before beating her and getting Pichuuned by Okuu on Normal mode.

3. Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. Clownpiece haunts my nightmares. If it weren’t for Point-Device Mode, And maining Sanae. I’d never finish the game. However, my biggest achievement is I managed to meet Hecatia in the Extra Stage... But she killed me with her first non-spell, and I never seen her again... Maybe I’ll beat her someday.

4. Hidden Star in Four Seasons. Some might say this game is easy compared to LoLk. And I agree. But Stage 4 still drives me insane. Especially when I weave through every board with no misses and no bombs. But once those fairies appear on that blizzard background, I can kiss those lives goodbye. That said, I can ace Narumi without a problem. Then there’s the Crazy Backup Dancers...

5. Wily Beast And Weakest Creature (Demo.) This demo reminds me of UFO and TD in a few ways. The shot-types are pretty good. Probably the best since LoLK, in my opinion. The hardest character to play has to be Youmu. Having to charge a sword slash with the Focus button without being able to shoot definitely puts me at a disadvantage. Especially when her aura covers up some tiny bullets on-screen, making me run into a bullet, taking away one of my lives. Youmu is a character that constitutes to skill compared to Reimu & Marisa.(Maybe Marisa on a lesser extent since I still lose some lives playing her, too.) With that said, I’m pumped to play the full game when it comes out.

3 hours ago, Cap’n Murasa said:

I actually have to agree with your list. Apart from the first game (since I haven’t played it yet.) My list goes as follows.

1. Undefined Fantastic Object. The difficulty spikes are tremendous in this game. The game’s shot-types are pretty decent. Namely Reimu’s (And If one is using a certain mod.) Yuuka Kazami’s shot types are good, too. But even with that, I still get destroyed by Murasa on a good run.

2. Subterranean Animism. I read some reviews that piqued my interest in this title alone. They talked about how balls difficult the gameplay was... And they were right, in spades. Be that as it may, I can still make it to Orin with all my stocks until she depletes my lives & bombs before beating her and getting Pichuuned by Okuu on Normal mode.

3. Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. Clownpiece haunts my nightmares. If it weren’t for Point-Device Mode, And maining Sanae. I’d never finish the game. However, my biggest achievement is I managed to meet Hecatia in the Extra Stage... But she killed me with her first non-spell, and I never seen her again... Maybe I’ll beat her someday.

4. Hidden Star in Four Seasons. Some might say this game is easy compared to LoLk. And I agree. But Stage 4 still drives me insane. Especially when I weave through every board with no misses and no bombs. But once those fairies appear on that blizzard background, I can kiss those lives goodbye. That said, I can ace Narumi without a problem. Then there’s the Crazy Backup Dancers...

5. Wily Beast And Weakest Creature (Demo.) This demo reminds me of UFO and TD in a few ways. The shot-types are pretty good. Probably the best since LoLK, in my opinion. The hardest character to play has to be Youmu. Having to charge a sword slash with the Focus button without being able to shoot definitely puts me at a disadvantage. Especially when her aura covers up some tiny bullets on-screen, making me run into a bullet, taking away one of my lives. Youmu is a character that constitutes to skill compared to Reimu & Marisa.(Maybe Marisa on a lesser extent since I still lose some lives playing her, too.) With that said, I’m pumped to play the full game when it comes out.

for ufo u mean sanae not yuuka right?

sanae > marisa > reisen > youmu > tewi > komachi > reimu

Sanae’s still in the game. I came across a mod patch in the thcrap that replaces Marisa with Yuuka. Which works for me, personally. Yuuka’s dialogue is funnier.

Name 5 games that gave me trouble? That's easy:

-Touhou 1

-Touhou 2

-Touhou 3

-Touhou 4 (my emulator can't even run this one properly, so I'm already defeated on the title screen lol)

-Touhou 5

Okay, joking aside, I'll actually name the windows era games that gave me trouble (although that's not to say PC-98 games aren't hard as well. For the record, of all those games did give me trouble except for Touhou 3, which felt strangely easy).

So, keeping in mind I haven't played 13 and onwards yet:

5 - MoF. I've heard a lot of people say this is one of the easier games in the series. And I do agree, for the most part stage 4 is the only really difficult bit. Until Kanako. She probably is one of the easier final bosses, but the combination of a more punishing continue system and bombing system certainly doesn't make it feel that way. And she still does have some really hard spell cards. I've only ever beaten this game using Marisa A (normal difficulty), and that's coming from someone who has always preferred using Reimu.

4 - UFO. On normal difficulty I can make it to Byakuren (with a continue here and there), but then I hit a brick wall. Also the UFOs are just the trolliest things. It often feels like it's just not worth chasing them in the later stages.

3 - SA. I only play this game on easy difficulty to preserve my sanity. Enough said.

2 - EoSD. This game is super fun, but when going for a 1cc it all goes downhill at Patchouli. And it's mostly because of how difficult it is to tell when her rotating lasers have their hitbox open and when they don't. But at least I can beat this one thanks to continues.

1 - PoFV. I don't like it when my enemy can survive a super long time by just not getting hit. Meanwhile I have to constantly navigate through insanely dense, fast moving random bullet patterns that I can't just casually weave past because I'm not a computer. But maybe I just don't understand PoFV's mechanics well enough.

Btw I don't know why I numbered these because they're in no particular order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, here's my hardest 5 games in no particular order, with my reasons why.

Subterranean Animism: I can no longer make it to stage 5 on Normal; Satori keeps killing me. I used to be so good at it!

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom: Clownpiece. 'Nuff said.

Mountain of Faith: The punishing revive system makes the later stages so tedious and difficult.

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: The lack of a visible hitbox and the mechanics being a far cry from some other games make it hard, sometimes even IMPOSSIBLE, to survive some attacks.

Highly Responsive to Prayers: It's the first game in the series! I should know the controls and attacks by now!

Honorable Mention: Undefined Fantastic Object: The UFO system plays with my instincts and sometimes makes me run right into bullets I could have easily avoided. So glad I stopped playing it.

Archived