Werewolf game

dunaway5

So now that the forums are back, I thought this would be a great time to suggest the return of that classic game of paranoia and betrayal, the Werewolf Game!

The rules are simple; you have a team of humans, and a team of werewolves disguised as humans.  Each round is one day and one night.  Every day, all players vote for someone to be offed, each night the werewolves get to choose another victim.  The goal is to eliminate the other team.

Obviously the werewolves have a pretty big advantage here, but some, or depending on the size, all, of the players will have an additional special ability known only to them, which can give your team the edge if used carefully.

If this gets enough interest, I'll do a longer writeup, by which I mean stealing the old one from the forums.  Also, feel free to suggest a different theme than werewolves.  Humans vs Youkai sounds much more interesting in my opinion.

Start date will be sometime after the holidays.

Current Roster

Jmonkey71

Lord Kyouko

Flandre Romano Kaiba

Moriya Sukowa

Thunder

Chavez300

Minoriko.gif

Voting is an action and all actions are posted in-thread.  Unless we wanted to do new threads every day, but we'd need a sub-board so that didn't become a mess.  I prefer the in-thread anyway, so everyone can see who's voting where, which can be useful.

Minoriko.gif

So, pretty much Mafia Game?

Count me in. I used to play a f*-ton of those in other forums, they can be really fun. You can run an almost limitless amount of variations of special roles, settings, mechanics, and all sorts of absolutely crazy stuff. I'm a bit rusty on playing Mafia-style forum games, so this will be a good opportunity to polish my skills.

However, I do agree that it should probably wait 'till after the holidays. That, and until we have a suitable amount of people to play; depending on the configuration, that's usually around a dozen people or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived