• Touhou 9
    • Touhou 9.5
    • Touhou 10
    • Touhou 10.5
    • Touhou 11
    • Touhou 12
    • Touhou 12.3
    • Touhou 12.5
    • Touhou 12.8 (WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TOUHOU 12s!
    • Touhou 13
    • Touhou 13.5
    • Touhou 14
    • Touhou 14.3
    • Touhou 14.5
    • Touhou 15
    • Touhou 15.5 or 16 (Not enouth space!)

This poll is to decide what touhou incident was the most severe.

What do you mean by severe? 

How important and dangerous the incident was. EXAMPLE: I think the most severe touhou game was touhou 8 as...

Why are you explaining the meaning of severe?

I literally have no idea.

I think th15 has to be one of the deadliest incidents in the mainline games. Just on Gensokyo alone, they were battling a Lunarian invasion, facing total annihilation as it was being terraformed into a barren wasteland to accommodate the livelihood of the Lunarian race. And that’s just in the game’s manual.

In my opinion it has to be touhou 8 as no one was aware of the threat and as the moon was swapped, it could have been a sign of the great hakurei barrier weakening, which if that occurred it would have caused a connection between the human world and Gensokyo 

which would almost guarantee the end of the human race, even if that didn't happen it was a huge threat and keep in mine that Lunarians were responsible.

I reckon SA was the most severe incident. Well, okay, the geyser itself wasn't that dangerous, but when you consider that Okuu was going to come to the surface and melt Gensokyo if you didn't stop her in time... It's just as well that Orin created that geyser in order to get your attention and go underground. Orin is for sure the unsung hero of SA.

By the way, aren't Touhou 10.5 and Touhou 12.5 the same game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but since 12.5 is an expansion for 10.5, I'm pretty sure it only adds new characters and quality of life features, not a whole new incident to be solved (therefore having both games on the poll list is a bit redundant). Not that it's a big problem, just something I thought was worth pointing out.

10.5 = Scarlet Weather Rhapsody

12.3 = Hisoutensoku

12.3 can use 10.5s roster if you direct it to the 10.5 install. So they share the engine.

13.5 is Uban Legend in Limbo, the latest fighter, i believe

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

Just to clear things up a little, I’ll post the list of official spin-off Fighting games released thus far.

7.5: Immaterial and Missing Power.

10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

12.3: Hisoutensoku.

13.5: Hopeless Masquerade.

14.5: Urban Legends in Limbo.

15.5: Antinomy of Common Flowers.

Sorry for being a stickler. And I hope I didn’t break the flow of this thread. Please, carry on.

• 2 months later...

To me,the most severe incident is Touhou 9,Phantasmagoria of Flower View because...

Because what?

Toxic and thorny flowers could have spreaded,such as the "Lily of the Valley".

Pfft,lamest incident ever.

I'd also like to point out that Yuuka is powerful enough to outclass Shikieiki,so this is just a theory,but what if Yuuka could spread whatever type of flower she wants? If she EVER wanted to spread thorny and toxic flowers,she could have done that.

"The Fool Arcana does not mean it can be taken lightly."

Archived