Moriya Sukowa

Who is the strongest 2hu?

But , through out the series Reimu (and Marisa) defeats almost everyone as we play them . So doesn't that make them the strongest ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jaz:3 said:

But , through out the series Reimu (and Marisa) defeats almost everyone as we play them . So doesn't that make them the strongest ?

Theoretically yes but actually from what i know few of fights wasnt "for real"
Like im almost sure Eirin was holding back in IN
or Yuuka fight which was something like "warmup" or just some fun to her
Possibly same with PCB Phantasm stage Yukari
Okina where we needed to fight her 2 times
Possibly same with Hecatia (stated by ZUN as Strongest)

Also from what i remember ZUN stated that Watatsuki Sisters wont be added to game because they are too strong and player is supposed to be able to win fight in game/clear it and that would be impossible against this duo (if im not wrong there was manga or something  like that where Watatsuki Sisters fought Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Remilia at once and won without slightest problem)

Edited by Amamiya Yuki-

8 hours ago, Amamiya Yuki- said:

if im not wrong there was manga or something  like that where Watatsuki Sisters fought Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Remilia at once and won without slightest problem

Haha, I'm pointing out lore again instead of actually contributing to this discussion, but I've read this manga so I can actually say for sure what happens. Firstly, only Yorihime was fighting, not Toyohime, and she fought against Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Remilia one at a time, not together. However, she did beat them all in a row without much difficulty - but it was a spell card battle, so since they were following spell card rules it's not really possible to gauge any of their powers based on it.

Not saying Watatsukis aren't busted though. Yorihime can summon gods to use their powers, and Toyohime has a fan that can create a wind that would purify the entire bamboo forest in one go. And ZUN is of course right in saying that the player would not be able to beat them in a game, since Yorihime won those spell card battles so easily.

I don't really try to think about who the strongest character is. As far as I'm concerned Hecatia is the most powerful overall as said by ZUN, and Yukari is probably the most powerful within Gensokyo, if not the most influential.