Who is the strongest 2hu?

Moriya Sukowa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great wars resume? Excellent.

Spoiler

a519bcd14c711355baa8f52a2e63fb34.png.89479efff1264c10339928268cfb5650.png

I still hold theories on the end of the last one... Touhou fights follow the plotlines of wrestling and underground boxing matches. Someone always needs to take a fall in the 9th. 

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

I'd say Yukari or Hecatia too... but then again, where does Shiki canonically stand? Yukari said she wouldn't stand a chance against Shiki, but I don't think anyone ever came to the definitive conclusion of whether she was talking about abilities, or in a verbal conflict, given Shiki's tendencies of being... well, Shiki. So, CAN Yukari hold her own against her, or would she get curb-stomped in a real battle? Then again, multiple imterpretations are what make Touhou what it is...

Regardless, there's no doubt that she's ridiculously powerful as well.

I'd say Eirin.  Super ancient Lunarian who created and also drank a medicine that removes the concept of death from its user so she can't be killed now or retroactively by any means, she's also thousands of years old and possibly one of the founders of Lunar civilization.

Minoriko.gif

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

I'd say Yukari or Hecatia too... but then again, where does Shiki canonically stand? Yukari said she wouldn't stand a chance against Shiki, but I don't think anyone ever came to the definitive conclusion of whether she was talking about abilities, or in a verbal conflict, given Shiki's tendencies of being... well, Shiki. So, CAN Yukari hold her own against her, or would she get curb-stomped in a real battle? Then again, multiple imterpretations are what make Touhou what it is...

Regardless, there's no doubt that she's ridiculously powerful as well.

Actually Hecatia is Shiki's higher up canonically

320424213527920640.png.bab232960a11b825aae303d29aed3941.pngForever thinking about what I post320424213527920640.png.bab232960a11b825aae303d29aed3941.png

Alright... this just opened a whole 'nother can of worms here, but... eh.

but... how about the Watatsuki sisters?

Spoiler

inb4 flak from the rest of the 20-some members of this forum

On 15/12/2017 at 12:58 AM, Kurzov said:

Alright... this just opened a whole 'nother can of worms here, but... eh.

but... how about the Watatsuki sisters?

Reveal hidden contents

inb4 flak from the rest of the 20-some members of this forum

As far as the "normal" touhous go, possibly. When you factor in Hecatia-level people... I highly doubt the sisters would be standing for long against them.

Zun clearly stated in an interview that it was Hecatia. What I don't get is what makes her so strong. I mean, it's easy to understand how OP Yukari is considering her ability of border manipulation is by itself incredibly powerful. But for Hecatia, it's not so clear on how she is so much stronger than all the other Touhou characters.

I could just not be that well versed in her abilities Dx.

The whole "Strongest" thing falls apart on the tier of gods, let alone what is apparently above it? At that point it becomes more about intent and ruthlessness rather than raw power. hell even with humans it's not all ways buff dude mc'strongman that wins fights. 

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

8 hours ago, crypticprophet said:

Zun clearly stated in an interview that it was Hecatia. What I don't get is what makes her so strong. I mean, it's easy to understand how OP Yukari is considering her ability of border manipulation is by itself incredibly powerful. But for Hecatia, it's not so clear on how she is so much stronger than all the other Touhou characters.

I could just not be that well versed in her abilities Dx.

Her abilities are pretty vague and a lot are unknown but is by no means a weak character (Junko did ask her to help overthrow the lunarians) but as of what makes her so strong idk really I'd have to do some digging to find out

320424213527920640.png.bab232960a11b825aae303d29aed3941.pngForever thinking about what I post320424213527920640.png.bab232960a11b825aae303d29aed3941.png

I think what ZUN said was that Hecatia was on a level above any previous character, not just because she's powerful necessarily but the scope of her abilities.  She does have the 3 bodies for 3 worlds thing, so it's possible that she's just some sort of much greater deity than anything in Gensokyo or the moon.

Minoriko.gif

On 12/19/2017 at 7:33 AM, dunaway5 said:

I think what ZUN said was that Hecatia was on a level above any previous character, not just because she's powerful necessarily but the scope of her abilities.  She does have the 3 bodies for 3 worlds thing, so it's possible that she's just some sort of much greater deity than anything in Gensokyo or the moon.

Makes sense. The scope of her abilities are still pretty vague though. As are any kind of limitations. I just hope her abilities will be further explored in Visionary Fairies in Shrine or if we're lucky, Wild and Horned Hermit.

• 4 months later...

I would think that Satori would be At least one of the strongest 2hu's,  She can read minds. Thinking about that wouldn't she be able to find out the weaknesses of Yukari Or Hecatia. Im thinking of it in the way of her being able counter them by using their attacks, Also using the power to learn knowledge for the most powerful 2hu's in the power of seconds. But thats just my thinking :P

19 hours ago, Salt said:

I would think that Satori would be At least one of the strongest 2hu's,  She can read minds. Thinking about that wouldn't she be able to find out the weaknesses of Yukari Or Hecatia. Im thinking of it in the way of her being able counter them by using their attacks, Also using the power to learn knowledge for the most powerful 2hu's in the power of seconds. But thats just my thinking :P

It depends. Was it ever stated that Satori can read into a person's powers and weaknesses? I'm afraid I'm not the most well-versed member in satori powers, and I haven't made it to Subterranean Animism yet (both because I should stop only playing the next game after I can 1cc the previous, and because college takes all my time).

However, this made me think about the possibility of Yukari & co. hiding their powers somehow. I mean, if someone like Satori comes about and tries to read into their weaknesses; can they counter it somehow? Or are their characteristics akin to an open book, to a mind reader?

Either way, being able to learn knowledge from other people is something I do not remember being a part of her powers (do correct me if I am wrong, please); AFAIK, she can read the immediate thoughts and emotions of people, but not miscellaneous things like knowledge, deep memories, and embarrasing Google searches. I do know for a fact that she's unable to reach into one's subconsciouness; it's why she can't read into Koishi's mind, since she's never acting on full conscience, and pretty much acts out of instinct and subconsciousness. Thus, I'm not sure Satori would be able to read things below one's conscient mind, such as learnings from books that you don't remember actively anymore, but your subconsiousness does.

Welp, I hope this metaphysics on mind-reading made some sense ( ._.)

On 4/25/2018 at 7:05 PM, Thunder said:

It depends. Was it ever stated that Satori can read into a person's powers and weaknesses? I'm afraid I'm not the most well-versed member in satori powers, and I haven't made it to Subterranean Animism yet (both because I should stop only playing the next game after I can 1cc the previous, and because college takes all my time).

However, this made me think about the possibility of Yukari & co. hiding their powers somehow. I mean, if someone like Satori comes about and tries to read into their weaknesses; can they counter it somehow? Or are their characteristics akin to an open book, to a mind reader?

Either way, being able to learn knowledge from other people is something I do not remember being a part of her powers (do correct me if I am wrong, please); AFAIK, she can read the immediate thoughts and emotions of people, but not miscellaneous things like knowledge, deep memories, and embarrasing Google searches. I do know for a fact that she's unable to reach into one's subconsciouness; it's why she can't read into Koishi's mind, since she's never acting on full conscience, and pretty much acts out of instinct and subconsciousness. Thus, I'm not sure Satori would be able to read things below one's conscient mind, such as learnings from books that you don't remember actively anymore, but your subconsiousness does.

Welp, I hope this metaphysics on mind-reading made some sense ( ._.)

Didn't get to respond for a while because of school but you do have a point. When i was writing it a was gonna put that she is a easy counter by just other people not thinking of their attacks. And you did have a point on the knowledge thing, I was thinking about it on a stalking sense where they would think about just in their daily lives but that seems unlikely as she never comes out into public and most other people would just steer away from her. But yea thanks to your response i now see satori's powers in a new light. But one other thing is that if sonthing like Yukari goes crazy and tries to kill all the other people in gensokyo (Highly unlikely but using as an example) couldn't satori team up with Patchi or Alice or Marisa all of them being powerful and have them think about their knowledge that they have (not including Google searches) And use the powers against Yukari in like a Mega assault against yukari. I also do remember sonthing about Patchi being one of the strongest people in gensokyo with her vast knowledge but held back by her health problems. Ill just stop this not cuz it sounds like a fanfic theory lol.

1 hour ago, Monokuma said:

If we forget about the Spell Card rules, I'd go with Remilia because she can manipulate fate so she's unable to lose even aganist Hecatia

108_526l.jpg

Damn that is true

Archived