A Query about Continues

buskerdog

I'd like to ask about how continues work in the games I haven't played yet, so I know ahead of time what system they use.

As I am sure many of you are aware:

-Classic era games let you continue right from the point where you died, resetting your lives and bombs to starting value and giving a fullpower item to give you a leg up. The restriction is that you can only continue three times. (The exception to the rule is Touhou 9, but that one doesn't really count because it has a different style of gameplay.)

-Modern era 1 games kick you back to start of a stage when you use a continue, but you can continue as many times as you want.

I personally much prefer the classic era system. Is this system ever returned to in modern era 2?

Starting from TD the classic era system was used again and you can continue up to 5 times iirc 

Also you can save replays before you want to continue unlike classis era which you're only able to save replay if you choose not to continue (This could be wrong but you can try it by yourself)

Archived