Sign in to follow this  
Fear me.

Help with files

Posted (edited)

I keep having this issue where my device will download a file, only for the device to say that the file type is not supported. To my knowledge, all of the files on the site are .rar files by default. The worst part is that some of the unsupported files did work a few months ago. This also happens on my laptop. Please help.

Edited by Fear me.

Posted (edited)

ah... rar files is native to WinRar application. it's a compressed files to reduce size. you need to extract it using WinRar (paid) or 7Zip (free(and better))

here where you get 7zip
https://www.7-zip.org/

and winrar for some reasons
https://www.rarlab.com/

Edited by Drunken_Flower

winrar is "paid" 

• Youmu Stare 1

This has been quite helpful, but some files are still not downloading properly. For example, PoFV OST.rar does download as a .rar, but the file gets corrupted on the way down. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with Google or the website itself.

oh no...

basically it came down top this problem

but i think we have not yet found the proper solution... dunno if this will help... so yeah... i usually download things multiple times till it work.

and zip is just another compressed file, just like rar

Hmm, this really shouldn't be happening. I have downloaded all of the ones directly from here and i have had no issues at all. 

All files are stored on a vps and are then served via a CDN to alleviate those with slower connections. So really, i am not sure where to start looking to fix the problem.. ?

we tried to ping moriya-shrine.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com with cmd earlier
we found out that there package losses for some people