Missing d3dx9_41.dll, now this?

dopedud

So I've download the game called 'Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity' and by the time I launch the .exe file, it came up with 'File d3dx9_41.dll not found, reinstalling the program might fix the problem' as shown in the first picture below. I've done the latter and it still comes out with the same error messages, so I tried to manually include the .dll file in the game folder. Fortunately, Google can somehow find the file and the free download, so that was an easy fix, only to find out that another problem arises, as shown in the second picture below. Any fixes or steps that are needed to be taken before launching the game? If so, please let me know. I'm in the verge of despair and can't find any solution. Would really appreciated if this gets to fix soon. problem1.thumb.png.5cf923bac2c5e2ccf32e8c12bc63d1f0.pngproblem2.thumb.png.e8c831d449b35f0025a93461e4d163ae.png

Older Touhou games, along with anything that uses DirectX9 (that's the "d3dx9" thing in the filename) are hell to run on Windows 10. Afaik, easiest way to fix it is to revert to Windows 7, but since that's going out of service in less than a year... It is hard.

Archived