Touhou 17 Announced

Haruto Kazuki

ZUN has just announced Touhou 17  titled 東方鬼形獣(Touhou Kikeijuu)〜 Wily Beast and Weakest Creature.

https://kourindou.exblog.jp/28205045/

e0088742_13273355.png

"The animal spirits of hell are planning to control the earth with their power. We are going to get rid of them by teaming up with allied animal spirits."

Heading to hell are Reimu, Marisa, and Youmu.

It's darker than usual, it has a lot of beast elements and it's a slightly aggressive shooting game 

e0088742_13281105.png

e0088742_13275914.png

e0088742_13282155.png

e0088742_13274606.png

e0088742_13283175.png

*since the game is still under development, the image can change at anytime

It is expected to be released on this Summer's comiket (Comiket 96) (if nothing happens), and the trial version will be released on Reitaisai 16

Great !, I've been waiting for this, It looks great, as usual has new concept of gameplay, and like always Youmu looks so cute. ? , I wonder who will be the new characters (I hope Mima is there).

pls_rember.png.7e1684e8ba3acfbdd742c94553cd048f.png pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Cool, though I wonder if it is the animals of hell will Satori Komeiji's pets appear to help or attack you

Also, I my facts are correct, this is the first time we will see new Hell as it has only ever been mentioned, which is awesome

Thanks for the news

Time for a good news dance with a appropriate theme

video page GIF

I wish you all have a wonderful day everyday.

I must admit, I didn’t believe the front picture was real when I stumbled upon it on YouTube.(Mostly because the user who posted had teased that Mima was returning... We’re more likely to see an all-male Touhou roster than that happening. Good grief.) 

But looking at it now, I’m really digging it. Especially knowing we’re going back to Hell in this game. The style for this game looks really sick, too. Kinda edgy, what with all the blood, but it fits in nicely.

I hope the soundtrack and gameplay is absolutely hellish!

me, still only at Touhou 10:

*puts on speed shoes*

But if I haven't gotten to Touhou 16 by the time this releases (which is a very likely scenario) I guess I'll skip ahead in order to keep up with the times (I expect this game will be talked about extensively on this forum for at least a week once it releases). And since the only 'guest' playable character is Youmu, who I'm very familiar with by this point, I won't have to worry about any playables who I have no idea who they are.

4 hours ago, Swag_Koishi9898 said:

Marisa

Reveal hidden contents

Is dead. No,really.

Wha… wait... what does this mean... for the future of Touhou games?

Hang on; my prediction:

Spoiler

I remember reading somewhere that Marisa knows how to  recreate the hourai elixir? Maybe that's gonna be involved somehow... whatever happens, I guess she has to do something about it, because there's no way she's just disappearing from the playable character list for future games.

5 hours ago, Swag_Koishi9898 said:

According to ZUN the canonical reasons why these 3 characters are going to hell is :

Youmu : is half phantom

Reimu : went to hell before no biggie

Marisa

Hide contents

Is dead. No,really.

Wait what do you mean Marisa is {''' I don't know where hidden content button is so this will do''}

Where dose it say that!

PLEZ TELL ME, I NEED TO KNOW

I wish you all have a wonderful day everyday.

My curiosity got me and I clicked on the Reveal hidden contents. ?
(I hope isn't true)

YoumuStare.png

Although some people say that "Touhous die if they don't have hats" ?

pls_rember.png.7e1684e8ba3acfbdd742c94553cd048f.png pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

8 hours ago, Swag_Koishi9898 said:

Pretty sure somebody of Maidens of Kalidoscope (idk how to spell) said that Marisa is dead

ohnonono, Marisa is not dead, there never been any sayin that she's dead in any canon and fandom (except an extreme one). "Marisa is goin to hell" is the correct statement, but that's not canon either. fandom made it a meme because she punched Eiki in the face.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:14 AM, -Prismriver- said:

Although some people say that "Touhous die if they don't have hats" ?

Headcanon incoming!!! (that means it's not canon FYI, dont take it seriously)
YES, they die if they doesnt have any silly hats or accessories.

but what about Kourin, Yuuka, Kaguya, Nue, and  Sagume?
Kourin is a boy, it doesnt affect him
Yuuka is strong enough to withstand the curse, she even survived the pc98 genocide
Kaguya is an immortal, so doesnt matter
Nue wings is so weird so that covers her head weakness
and for Sagume the curse "does" affect her.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

I believe it was this interaction with Komachi that stirred up the “Marisa is dead” theory.RDu62xP.png

I’m trying not to pile onto this idea. In fact, I think it’s silly. Though, considering how much the odds were set against her during LoLK’s events.(Especially on Legacy Mode.) It could be possible she might’ve been shot down... But only if you disregard the Hidden Star in Four Seasons events afterwards.

Now, back onto 17. I re-read some notes about Hecatia’s relationship with Eiki Shiki. What with Hecatia being her boss, and all. But it notes that the Hell Goddess is only one of the leaders in Hell. So it makes me wonder who, or what might be down there that could be on the same level of power as Hecatia’s.

All in all, I’m stoked to find out if this game will be as hard as the older games. Hopefully it’ll be in the same vein as Subterranean Animism. Only with better Options... My opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

ZUN has already prepared the CDs for Touhou 17 WBaWC (demo version)
ZUN will distribute the discs on May 5 during the Reitaisai 16 convention.

Source: https://twitter.com/korindo/status/1124517959215357953
Link: https://kourindou.exblog.jp/28279622/

e0088742_12320293.jpg

Touhou Patch Center has announced the translation for Touhou 17 demo.

"Th17 demo patching is complete now and several translations are nearly finished (QC is still running)"
Download for Standalone Patch (English):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b1fix92hyjszbqd/th17+(thpatch_en).zip

Source: https://twitter.com/thpatch/status/1127304207051231232

If you already have thcrap installed and want to manually add Touhou 17 demo to the list.
(Warning, this is a long post)

Spoiler

launch thcrap_configure.exe

press Enter

wMZwHeE.jpg

type "76"

SJXJQxJ.jpg

Press Enter

k2p5cNm.jpg

Press Enter

smlC5ZM.jpg

Select "Yes"

KIwg1IT.jpg

Press Enter

b3pDDhz.jpg

Type "a", and press enter

The program will ask you for your game directory.

PEEve3s.jpg

Select "Yes"

IGsyUVI.jpg

Press Enter

MAKA2Zl.jpg

yLc6Be7.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ヾ(。・ω・)シ Now there is only one more week until Comiket 96 (I'm pretty sure). I wonder when it will be on Steam? Hopefully nothing goes wrong~ I've noticed that there hasn't been much activity on the shrine lately, but this should change that

Edit: On Steam, it says that the game will release next month September 9 (9/9/19). I didn't notice

Archived