Favorite 2hu's

Lord Kyouko

I feel like this was going to be made sooner or later but what are everyone's favorite 2hu's? I'd like to know and would like to encourage people to share them \o/

Kokoro and Koishi will forever be my favorites(images don't seem to be working for me rn so no pic from me sorry)

320424213527920640.png.bab232960a11b825aae303d29aed3941.pngForever thinking about what I post320424213527920640.png.bab232960a11b825aae303d29aed3941.png

In a vast lead we have Suwako, followed by Komachi and Mamizou at about the same, followed by Kasen and Kanako, then Remi and JAOOOO. Even by the end of that list it gets a bit blurred. 

Spoiler

8f6ec9bb185f7f62f976db168ad6a711.jpg.bafba1061bd8ad1e212fa35c940a18a0.jpg07a50282251631190274de3338413a32.thumb.jpg.a456db94176d08dd9bdb1a08a3138bb1.jpg5a2f4d409a376_Konachan.com-61902sample.thumb.jpg.fd5db487566d2431ff5c260bbc05aa16.jpgIbaraki.Kasen_600.238426.jpg.01e502df364ddbe3596fd69733f16b7d.jpg0a80abea6dfb836e993afc84da7631eb.jpg.889ef0ef7fca274ee985fbddb5be7556.jpgRemilia.Scarlet_full.1651879.jpg.ddfa70451736763b3e964246bcc56d4a.jpg

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

5a309efb86e55_Alice2.png.8441a71a94fef511e0c0ea5fb866c83e.png  To the surprise of no one that knows me.

Alice Margatroid.  Initially catching my attention because of her bizarre, but dangerous, playstyle in SWR, I really grew to love this character the more I saw of her.  One of the more cool-headed of the cast, her finesse over force aproach to combat, her weird form of combat, the somewhat mysterious past, all of her great themes, but most of all is that there's actually some semblance of character growth during her time in the series.  From aloof and vengeful in PCB to a friendly rival by the time of SA, there's a lot potential in her that sadly, we're not likely to see in the official series (especially since she doesn't appear any more).  I admit it the fangames that have given me most of my love for the character, particularly her portrayal in Sengoku Gensokyo and Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet.  I really like the friendly rivalry dynamic that she and Marisa had in IN and SA, they easily have many of my favorite lines from the series, and I always enjoy seeing a fangame that goes a similar path with them.

(Also, the best place for this thread might have actually been the general Touhou section . . . )

8 minutes ago, Cejic said:

I honestly wonder how many people selected a favorite character from the SWR/Soku character roster... I'll admit that was the start of mine as well.

It makes sense though, almost all of them are recurring characters with multiple appearances to flesh them out.  And even without that, the games' story modes there gave them more to work with than the usual main games.

23 minutes ago, jssf1992 said:

It makes sense though, almost all of them are recurring characters with multiple appearances to flesh them out.  And even without that, the games' story modes there gave them more to work with than the usual main games.

not to mention the first instance to full animation on most of them. A lot more is said in movements for a 2d brawler than a top down bullet hell.

I wonder

< ----- It's going to be really funny if I change my profile pic someday and whoever's reading this in the future sees something completely unrelated to Touhou

Sakuya aside, my favourites are Marisa, Yukari, Yuyuko, Mokou, Byakuren, Nitori and Aya. I generally like everyone, though, and I imagine I'm not the only one who goes through "periods" of discovering new "favourites" over time (I'm currently going through a strong Momiji phase).

12 hours ago, Thunder said:

I imagine I'm not the only one who goes through "periods" of discovering new "favourites" over time (I'm currently going through a strong Momiji phase).

Honestly I keep forgetting the ones I like past the Aki sisters and Daiyousei.  Touhousort actually surprised me a lot.

Minoriko.gif

wish the sites like touhou sort would actually have lore snippets, rather than just character images to work from.

1 hour ago, dunaway5 said:

Touhousort actually surprised me a lot.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course, Keine for number one.

Two - Reimu 

Three - Aya 

Four - Junko (mainly due to appearance since the lore is still a little absentt) 

and five - Eirin 

Miko is also on the list, but to be honest, I dont have a list in numbers, its more just based on Lore and how they play in games, the ones who are playable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like a lot of them. And sometimes one becomes a temporary favorite.
But my top three, in no particular order, remain at Marisa, Cirno, and Utsuho.

Marisa I've adored since EOSD, and I love her dialogs. She has the most wonderful comebacks, and her ability to come up with reasons for her actions on the fly is so amazing that I often wonder if she's actually planned it all along. Her wit and flashiness are top tier.

Cirno is dumb and adorable. She obviously jumps in over her head on everything she gets into, and yet keeps trying no matter how many times she fails, for the exact same reason. Her spell card descriptions in Hisoutensoku and the reason for her actions in GFW are just about the funniest Touhou things I've ever read.

Utsuho is the first final boss I've beaten on Normal (on an old computer that halved the frame rate) and my absolute favorite boss character because she is, what I consider, the first true—if not only—villain of the franchise (at least at the time she debuted). And her character design has so much symbolism in it, and her spell cards have such great names. Other final bosses use rainbows, but no, all her spell cards are fire colored. And while she's dumb, she's an idiot savant with a Master's in nuclear physics.

Some honorable mentions, though:
Seija - fun character, and also absolute favorite boss fight of the series. Everyone hates her and she's just like haha ok lets play.
Tenshi - has a sword, and also one of the most interesting and fun reasons for being a final boss (Yukari's and Tenshi's story are my favorites in SWR and I love their dynamic).
Sagume - I just really like her for some reason. Her ability is really interesting, but I feel for her having to be so careful with it.
Komano the Komainu - because she's just too precious.

And because the number of characters I like is so vast, I'll just close with my very, very short list of dislikes:
Okina. I just want to punch her in her smug prick face. Or at least beat Extra with Cirno for extra disrespect.
Also Mai and Satono. Just by extension of them also having a similar personality, but I feel that was mostly Okina's influence and not solely their fault.
Though it's less of true hatred and more like "I enjoy hating on this character".

• 4 months later...

Archived