Touhou RPG Fangames. Any I may have Missed?

JRPGamer

I must have played most of the Touhou RPG fangames over the years but I'm always wondering, are there any that I may have been missing out on?

I just wanted to bring up this topic. Are there any obscure Touhou RPG fangames that some people may miss out on?

Even if it's not an obscure RPG fangame go ahead and mention it anyways. I (and maybe some other people) might not have played it.

Turn based RPG's, Action RPG's, Strategy RPG's, etc are all fair game in my book. All suggestions are welcome.

Sure. I'll throw in a few suggestions.

If you're into Pokemon or have tried it out then try out Touhou - Puppet Dance Performance. It plays pretty much almost like any other Pokemon game. As for all the new element types there's a type chart that can easily be found on the Wikipedia for the game.

Genius of Sappheiros is another good one. It can be a bit difficult but it's pretty good. I've been meaning to get back into it for a while now so my memory of it is a bit hazy plus I need to play through SaGa Frontier 2 so it might take a while before I jump back in.

Or if action is more your thing then give Touhou - Wandering Souls a shot. It's an RPG Maker 2D action RPG using the character sprites from the early Touhou Fighting games (IaMP, SWR & Hisotensoku). It has a sort of mission based collectathon style of progression.

So there's a few to try out if you're interested.

well... what have you played so far? i coulda recommend something that you have played. imma just post what i can rember right now.

there's Touhou Chronicles ~ Tales of the Two Immortals, it still under translation, well... yeah if you can read Chinese then you can play the full game right away.

Shameless self advertisement.
There's the Moriya Saga. it's still being made right now. basically a game about this community. and it's made by Sci, one of the Site Editor.
and there's the Moriya FE. still being made. also about this community. made by Cirno, the admin Cirno.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Something I've mentioned here before is that Sengoku Gensokyo was one of the first touhou games I played, official or fan, and I do recommend it if you can get it working (sadly I can not).

The other big one for me is Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet, which, while a bit of risk as to whether or not one would enjoy it, is worth a shot.  It is a somewhat more serious take, but without becoming dark.

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry if the bump is unwarranted, but I hope it can be forgiven.

Speaking of Labyrinth of Touhou, does anyone know if the Source Code can be easily accessed? I ask because if it is, the game can be ported to the VITA. I'd prefer the Special Disc version with the Rebirth Mod.

Archived