Ideas for consideration?

jssf1992

Well, since RP hasn't really gained much traction, despite people expressing interest, maybe we should have a thread talking about ideas people may have, or talking about the kind of things they would be interested in.  Or, conversely, any concerns or anything making you unsure about RPing.

For myself, I'm curious how many people are interested in RPing in the Touhou setting, or would rather RP outside of it.
Are there concerns about different headcanons conflicting?

Would people want loose continuity or RPs where they just pull in anyone (Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny style)?

Personally, while I enjoy the characters of Touhou, I generally don't prefer high fantasy, and I'm often more toward character driven stories and conspiracy/mystery driven plots.

i honesty don't know how RP thread looks like. i never been in any or saw one before. and im kinda planning to wait "The Pilot" topic fills more (which a long wait). Since my english is limiting me and i dont wanna ruin the play.

but yeah... a Touhou RP is usually nice, the characters are usually already been set. just how we play it. but that seems too much limitation to this situation.
so yeah.. i guess let the story flow this time, get more crowd and attention. 
another thing is... i dont really know what is happening, where the setting and where will we go. there's no topic set. so i dont know what my role is.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

People can post in the pilot if they want. The setting is the middle of the human village and the goal is to interact with people. I meant to write up a description and spaced that. ? Since theres no gm its up to the players to keep things moving.

I do beleive that a more scripted rp would better test the waters as it were. I find people will take to a themed rp more readily given a common cannon, while vagues like dnd are a bit harder to get people to join in with unless they already trust the gm.

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

When it comes to roleplaying in the Touhou cannon at all I'm all for it.  The pilot currently up, while free to join, is vague and freeform enough to the point where it makes it a bit hard to jump in for some people (myself included).  I think a more structured roleplay would do Eintei well.  The kind where everyone makes their character, canon or otherwise, and a Game Master presents them with a scenario, the players react, the GM decides the consequence, all the while the players understand their common goal (solve an incident, cause a ruckus, break into the Scarlet Devil Mansion, steal a precious thing, what have you.)  But the question is who is willing to play the role of the GM.

24 minutes ago, Rantos said:

The pilot currently up, while free to join, is vague and freeform enough to the point where it makes it a bit hard to jump in for some people (myself included). 

This has honestly been my trouble, as I'm really big on continuity and get really anxious about whether or not what I'm doing fits in.
I am thinking up a possible scenario, going off of my general idea for roleplaying being "Tell the players the basic scenario, and let the first posts be players describing how thier characters get involved" which has worked for me in the past.

Push comes to shove I've always found that when it comes to trying to make sure things fit into the cannon it ends up being more fun if you break the rules a little bit.  Craft your own story in the familiar world.  The Touhou games are always so wild when it comes to their stories game to game, so who's to say we can't go a little nuts haha?  In a short sense, it may be more fun and freeing to not get too, too anxious about making sure the pieces fit the puzzle, we'll just craft our own picture, ya feel?

Personally, as much as I would prefer consistent roleplaying scenarios, I would be all for playing something with a tinge of randomness. Long as the players/readers can follow along without much confusion.

I’d be stoked to either play an RP with just Touhou characters/OCs, or a mix of the two. What I would be worried about is somebody popping up and criticizing someone for not playing a certain character the way they’d want ‘em to play.(Never ran into this issue back in my old Forum roleplaying days, but still gets me worried.)

All in all, I’d say to take a chance and bring some friends over and write something up. Whether it’s structured or impromptu. Sometimes random RPs can build a structured story out of practically nothing. That’s my two cents.

4 minutes ago, Cap’n Murasa said:

What I would be worried about is somebody popping up and criticizing someone for not playing a certain character the way they’d want ‘em to play.

If anyone comes 'round and starts to criticize without reasonable cause then we'll run 'em outta town! 

58 minutes ago, Rantos said:

Push comes to shove I've always found that when it comes to trying to make sure things fit into the cannon it ends up being more fun if you break the rules a little bit. 

I meant more in terms of consistency in RP.

20 minutes ago, Rantos said:

If anyone comes 'round and starts to criticize without reasonable cause then we'll run 'em outta town! 

Well, in the heyday of the prior forum, there were a few more mods and the general idea was that if there were any conflicts in RPs that one would get ahold of a staff member to be a third party to mediate.  It only ever happened once in the three+ years, though, so I'm not concerned.

Kurzov's two cents: Yeah, the whole "RP with no built-in GM and/or plot/continuity" thing doesn't (as seen in The Pilot) work as well as it should if people are too inactive, whether it be of their own volition or not. As for me, I'm pretty open to most whatever comes into the subforum. A lot of the (meta) ideas that I am piloting in the thread came from my days from an older Forum RP I was in on a different website.

Been busy/worn down (college is getting busy again).

Well, essentially, we would have the set-up that more and more dissapearences are being noticed in the Village, and I would ask that everyone start by 1)telling everyone who their roleplaying and how they're going to get involved/interested in the event, and let them start RPing their involvement.  It let's everyone find a fairly natural way to get involved instead of just being thrown together.

I suppose I'll go ahead and ask if anyone would be interested in such.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

THe topic I added "Touhou RP" can be a structured one with a GM I guess, then there would be a freestyle (Pilot) and a more structured one (my topic I added) so people can do a structured or freestyle RP, depending on the type of person they are.

Archived