The Mundane of Gensokyo - Doujin Competition (open to all)

Rantos

Hello and greetings to all those who wander past.  Humbly I welcome you to our little doujin tressure hunt.  The concept is quite simple, you as a competitor will be tasked with finding a doujin that you think best fits the theme of the competition.  This hunt's theme: Daily life in Gensokyo.  Go forth and find a doujin that you feel best fits this theme.  What we're looking for is a doujin that best captures the mundane, lax, stressful, or humorous day to day life of one character or multiple characters.  I ask that before you start your hunt, you read the rules.  I'll make them quick.

1) One submission per person.

2) Each submission can only be one chapter.  The length of the chapter may vary.

3) If you made a submission you must vote or else you sacrifice your right to be in the runnings.

4) Can't vote for your own submission.

5) In the spirit of the club, only doujin works will be accepted.

6) Submissions must follow site guidelines in regards to gratuitous or NSFW content.

This thread will be open for one week, until Friday at 5 PM EST.  If multiple people ask for an extension I am willing to push the deadline back one day.  I ask that the only posts in this thread are submissions for the competition.  If anyone has a question or concerns reach out to me privately or on the interest check thread.  Voting will take place after the thread is closed and the polls will remain open for two days so mark your calendar! 

When you make a submission make sure to include a link to the chapter, the name, and author if you can find them.  If you find it applicable you are also allowed to write a small blurb, no more than 7 or so sentences, to make a case for your doujin.  Or you may let the pictures speak for themselves.  This is a celebration of the many wonderful works that exist made by members of our own community, however far away.  So let's celebrate by showing off the best we can find!

Winner gets bragging rights and some soda.  So, happy hunting!

@Crusader Jerome @Shrow @Drunken_Flower @Haruto Kazuki

@Drunken_Flower @Sakkun @Crusader Jerome @Haruto Kazuki 

Thank you all so much for your participation!  Nothing could make this self-appointed vice president more proud!  The polls are now up and running.  Once this Sunday rolls around, or after I've gotten all five votes, the poll will be closed and I'll declare the winner.  So exciting!  Can you feel it in your bones, the anticipation must be eating away at you!  Go and vote my friends!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLpHUVIqgiwLL6cXn66jYOfOoHuHgj2kxDvGbPaPS3oASoxg/viewform?usp=sf_link

After tallying the votes, though we were missing a few, a verdict has been met.  Ladies and Jets, a winner has been crowned and may his name go down in the history books as the first winner of our Doujin Manga Competition.  Give a hand to @Crusader Jerome!!!!  PM me and we'll work on getting you that soda haha!

I would like to thank you one and all for participating.  @Drunken_Flower @Haruto Kazuki @Sakkun @Shrow.  This celebration of original works would have met nothing without all of you.  I'm going to open up the thread again because I want y'all thoughts.  Was this fun, would you do it again?  What worked for you, what didn't?  Any thoughts concerning the future of this competition?

• Rantos unlocked this topic

Archived