Hardest games

YokaiOfMadness712

Of course there's Lunatic Kingdom...

But have you ever heard of...EMBODIMENT OF SCARLET DEVIL?! 

Of course I'm joking, but regardless, there's Lunatic Kingdom, probably Subterranean Animism for it's speed and Imperishable Night because of the Last Words.

My money is definitely on UFO. Sure Subterranean Animism gave me a lot of trouble, but at least I can face Okuu several times. I only ever fought Byakuren once so far.

SA, UFO and LoLK are the big 3 for me. I can't compare them in lunatic or hard mode much since most of my experience is with normal mode but between those 3 I definitely found LoLK PD mode to be the most harrowing. I've been told going from LoLK normal to lunatic mode is much less terrifying then switching difficulties like that in the other Touhou games so it's probably not the worst for Lunatic if you do it correctly.

Also I don't see it mentioned a lot but I find 9s difficulty can be frustrating at times too. Not so much because it's hard (which it certainly can be) but moreso because of how inconsistent its difficulty can be. At one moment your stage 6 normal Sakuya could be pushing well into 4 minutes well your screen is just getting spammed in death, and then in another moment your stage 7 lunatic Aya goes down after 30 seconds ?

• 1 year later...

In my opinion, from what I have played I would say:

- Hard but (sort of) fair: Subterranean animism (TH11) Maybe Unidentified Fantastic Object but I have not really played that one all that much.

- Hard and unfair: Legacy Of Lunatic Kingdom (TH15) From what I have heard, LOLK was inspired from IWBTG (I Wanna Be The Guy) which is not a good sign. 

• 1 month later...
  1. UFO
  2. LoLK
  3. SA
  4. MoF

Why?

1. I barely has lives in stage 2, and always continue at the beginning of stage 3, once I'm lucky, and didn't continue until stage 5
  2. Is it obvious? I used pointdevice so It's a minus, but i'm stuck at stage 5 (Sliding stars sucks)
  3. I never go past lv 3, those ball spam is hard, I was lucky to go to l 4 once, and I never reached it again
  4. Haha, waterfall of 9 heavens is where hopes and dreams broke

1CC list (Cuz why not):

• IN Easy all teams (Except YuyuYou)
  • PoFV Easy (Reimu Marisa, Yuuka, Sakuya, Reisen)
  • LLS Normal (MarisaA, the fps unstable)

Yes, I'm a noob

• 5 months later...

Archived