Remiu in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

GundamFan15

I feel like Remiu would fit great in SSBU as she is a Japanese indie the represents bullet hell shooters, add another female character as well as another range focused type fighter as we only have 4 of them . She would use fast range instead of heavy like Samus and have over 20 fighting and bullet hell shooters to choose from. you don't even have to censor anything as nothing on her is offensive (even the shrine maiden augment wouldn't work as we has a Greek god in the roster). the stage could be the Scarlet Devil Manor and think of the smash remixes of the already epic songs. Of course I want Master Chief, But if she gets in, that would be epic. 

Tell me what you think of her and what would you react like if she was announced.

530-90_59fecb985233c[1].jpg

538560_1[1].jpg

I wish you all have a wonderful day everyday.

That would be EPIC. seriously. if she shows up, the whole fandom will explode. And since some SSBU fan will probably convert to shintoism Touhou as well, the Fandom will be bigger than ever before (brace yourself when that happen). so yeah... we all like to see her in SSBU.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Think of the smash remixes of some of the best songs, much like what magic they did with Gangplank Galleon. and imagine seeing gest stars from the games in the background like Marisa, Aya, Remilia, Sakuya, Alice, Suika, Yukari and more. they could even be spirits. thought if posable I would like Marisa as an echo fighter, but that would be unfair to make two of the five DLC Touhou, one is go enough.

I would love to see Reimu DLC in smash. I think she would make a great character.
The only thing I fear is that Sakurai would probably want a character everyone is familiar with and Reimu is mostly known in Japan. Not many westerners are familiar with Touhou unless they've browsed the internet regularity. Though in the past Sakurai, has put characters in the game that didn't have an origin game released in the west yet so that's not much of a barrier really. 

The only thing that's gonna bother me about this is fact that Touhou will go from being known in west as a niche game to a popular game that everyone will know about.
This means:
- Newbies digging up old memes
- Let's players making rage compilations
- Lots of really dumb uninspired video game parodies
- Never forget that there will absolutely be a wave of undeserved hate from random people who will create an anti fandom just because they're tired of people talking about Touhou.

I might be over-exaggerating just a bit but I can guarantee at least one of those things. Bayonetta got a lot of undeserved hate I remember that.

11 minutes ago, Shrow said:

This means:
- Never forget that there will absolutely be a wave of undeserved hate from random people who will create an anti fandom just because they're tired of people talking about Touhou.

yep. this what i fear. those newbies coulda destroy the whole fandom. just like what happen previously with UT, but i guess this gonna be whole lotta bigger.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

5 hours ago, Shrow said:

I would love to see Reimu DLC in smash. I think she would make a great character.
The only thing I fear is that Sakurai would probably want a character everyone is familiar with and Reimu is mostly known in Japan. Not many westerners are familiar with Touhou unless they've browsed the internet regularity. Though in the past Sakurai, has put characters in the game that didn't have an origin game released in the west yet so that's not much of a barrier really. 

The only thing that's gonna bother me about this is fact that Touhou will go from being known in west as a niche game to a popular game that everyone will know about.
This means:

I might be over-exaggerating just a bit but I can guarantee at least one of those things. Bayonetta got a lot of undeserved hate I remember that.

I don't disagree. That bad reaction could happen and she is a bit unknown. However conceding:

-Joker, a character who is very young and never apperied on the Switch got in instead of another Persona character

-Shulk appear in one game that did not sell as big in the west

-Marth (best FE king) was from the first Fire Emblem game that was not relisted in the west, but was huge in Japan??

-Touhou is big in Japan and is growing in the west.

-Touhou has over 5 games on the Switch in the west and even more in Japan which are coming to the west.

-Touhou is a 20 year old legacy franchise, so Reimu has earned a spot more that other indies

I think she would be fine. Plus, Sakurai likes surprise character like Prana Plant and Duck Hunt, so she would fit in with it.?

As for the reactions, they will go away after a while, but remember the fandom helped made this franchise what it is and to have more indies and fans try making games, TV shows and books would be great. Touhou was made by ZUN, but grew by fans. Good promotion for the Games

Don't worry, I understand everything and you are right, that could happen. Anyway, she dose not have to enter Ultimate, she could apper in the next smash game or the one after that.

4 hours ago, Drunken_Flower said:

yep. this what i fear. those newbies coulda destroy the whole fandom. just like what happen previously with UT, but i guess this gonna be whole lotta bigger.

That could happen, but as I said before, Touhou was made by ZUN, but was fueled and grown by Fans, who made most of the fantastic spin offs like Touhou Azure Reflection and Touhou Genso Wanderer. I have only passed into year one of playing my first Touhou and have bought and supported many games such as Luna Nights before it came out of Early Access. Fans are the life blood of Touhou and much like us Warhammer 40K fans learned the hard way, we need more to survive.

I'm not sure I'd be as concerned with people "destroying the fandom" as I'm seeing in this thread. If people decide they don't like touhou there may be a period with some minor backlash, but over time it'll just mean a return to the quiet build of the original fandom before smash. Worst case scenario is that most people are only creating touhou content because they find it subversive to their culture, and once that changes they move onto the next thing, ala hipster effect. Most dedicated artist will still be around, memelords will still dominate the discord (based on steam chat atm, I cant really check discord on my schedule).

Fresh blood brings life & variety, not stagnation and death.

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

1 hour ago, Cejic said:

I'm not sure I'd be as concerned with people "destroying the fandom" as I'm seeing in this thread. If people decide they don't like touhou there may be a period with some minor backlash, but over time it'll just mean a return to the quiet build of the original fandom before smash. Worst case scenario is that most people are only creating touhou content because they find it subversive to their culture, and once that changes they move onto the next thing, ala hipster effect. Most dedicated artist will still be around, memelords will still dominate the discord (based on steam chat atm, I cant really check discord on my schedule).

Fresh blood brings life & variety, not stagnation and death.

Agreed. 

It's impossible for a western audience to destroy a Japanese exclusive series. I'm not worried about fresh blood killing the fandom because most of the good shit comes from Japan and it's already has large audience, Reimu is already well known over there.

It's true that new faces will keep a fandom fresh but usually those new faces aren't flooding in all at once and will generally follow the flow of the pre-established unspoken culture of the fandom.

However when something gets REALLY popular in a short amount due to some kind of exposure it can bring in the wrong type of blood.

Might as well throw in my two cents.

First, yeah, it would be kind of cool to how Reimu would look in Smash, but honestly, I would see Reimu being way back in terms of possibilities.  While Touhou may be decently well known in Japan, and have a small, but growing fanbase outside of it, there are a lot of other franchises and characters that are more popular/well known/in demand.  The only reason I can think of for Reimu to be more likely is that I've gotten the (obviously very distant) impression that Zun is a chill guy and probably wouldn't ask for as much money as others would.  Of course, I also say this with no grasp of Nintendo's business model, so . . .

Second, an influx of new fans just really means more of everything.  More newbies, more noobs, more creators, more haters, more artists, more trolls.  There would be a disproportionate amount that would think ill of the series because "your character got in when it should have been my character", but that would (hopefully) pass.  Sadly, I can tell you that there are already people out there who hate Touhou "because it's popular".

On 3/9/2019 at 12:53 AM, jssf1992 said:

Might as well throw in my two cents.

First, yeah, it would be kind of cool to how Reimu would look in Smash, but honestly, I would see Reimu being way back in terms of possibilities.  While Touhou may be decently well known in Japan, and have a small, but growing fanbase outside of it, there are a lot of other franchises and characters that are more popular/well known/in demand.  The only reason I can think of for Reimu to be more likely is that I've gotten the (obviously very distant) impression that Zun is a chill guy and probably wouldn't ask for as much money as others would.  Of course, I also say this with no grasp of Nintendo's business model, so . . .

Second, an influx of new fans just really means more of everything.  More newbies, more noobs, more creators, more haters, more artists, more trolls.  There would be a disproportionate amount that would think ill of the series because "your character got in when it should have been my character", but that would (hopefully) pass.  Sadly, I can tell you that there are already people out there who hate Touhou "because it's popular".

Agreed jssf1992. As much as I want her, I want Master Chief from Halo, and even then, I am happy that my No1 chose, King K Rool got in so I don't mind whos DLC for the game.. Out of curiosity, do you think she could appear in Smash. not in ultimate, but maybe in one of the later games in a few years time? I would like to know.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:29 AM, Shrow said:

It's impossible for a western audience to destroy a Japanese exclusive series. I'm not worried about fresh blood killing the fandom because most of the good shit comes from Japan and it's already has large audience, Reimu is already well known over there.

It's true that new faces will keep a fandom fresh but usually those new faces aren't flooding in all at once and will generally follow the flow of the pre-established unspoken culture of the fandom.

However when something gets REALLY popular in a short amount due to some kind of exposure it can bring in the wrong type of blood.

I don't think the west is that bad. it was the western media (mostly old Disney) that inspired Japanese animated and geek media (I learned that from a documtery I watched last year about Gatchman). After all, Japan has damage western media too (Check transformers Prime and Kissplayers).

I do agree that flooding newcomers might be a bit much, but unlike Undertale and DDLC, Touhou is over 20 years old and is know a bit in the west as ZUN has used Play Dōjinshi to slow get fans in, so it won't be as bad as the other

It would be nice, but honestly I don't think the time is right. As some have already pointed out, the franchise isn't very well known in the west and there are other characters from more popular series that have a higher demand to be included. Maybe it would be better, if all the Touhou games so far get realized as it would expose more people to the games and then Reimu could get included.

• 1 month later...

I just rembered something. on the leaked DLC code names  one of the code names was "Folk lore". I took a look on wiki and both Touhou and shrine maiden are counted under folk lore. the only other gaming icons that are under it are Aimmy from Okami and Ashely from Wario (who is a Asist trophy). their could be others, but they are from the west and while not imposable, only 3 Fighters from the roster are from the west (and all owned by Nintendo)

This leak could be fake as not all came to be, but there is no evidence that it is comply wrong as it did get King K Rool, Simon, Dark Samus and Isabel,(Joker could be rhyme as he likes to move to the beat in style) they could be in the wrong order at the wrong time.

Though best take this with a pinch of salt

• 2 months later...

This form will be ending as a new up-to-date post E3 one is now open under "Reimu in smash-New hope?"

plz joint for fun talks and ideas.

always happy to here you opinon.

dance apple GIF

(Edit: no i think this form will stay open still)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 6:28 AM, Drunken_Flower said:

just putting this real quick
image.png.b2529cc5bddf96e2ca11b45f0ac09499.png

I doubt that. It could happen, but Im sure that ZUN would not allow such a thing to happen an Nintendo has to repect their collabartes on projects like this.

Sorry im late to this but, Anyone heard of the leaks going around for Reimu in smash bros. There a lot going around and are pretty relieable. I don't fully trust them to save me disappointmet but even if they are not true, this will promote Reimu to those who don't know her and if they are, well i don't have to explain the hype touhou fans will feel . its a win-win situation

(PS. loved play Terry (he one of my favorite characters to play, even thought i never played an SNK game before so i have to look in to getting some), but he got 50 songs so Touhou could get a large selection too (though not as much)  

Archived