A Moriya Roleplay: The Pilot

Kurzov

"Well, alright then. All of my problems got started around 1996. Originally died in '94, to give you a timeframe. I lived in Jigoku back then. Some idiot even further down from my place kicked over the shrine that year, Reimu came running down going a bit crazy and smashing the guts out of everyone she ran into. I was in a bad spot, tried to fight her, got myself thrown into the Hakurei hokora for that. Then I broke out of it a couple months later, tried to get revenge on her with help of a then-new apprentice of mine, failed again." Mima monologued, placing a stone into its spot. 

(00000)           (     )

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . 
.  .  ,  .  .  .  ,  .  .
.  .  .  0  #  #  .  .  .
.  0  0  #  0  0  .  .  .
.  .  #  #  #  0  .  .  .
.  .  ,  .  .  #  ,  .  .

(     )           (#####)

"Quite a bit of violence for such little provocation. Although I suppose 2 years of deathly boredom can do that." The man places another stone while chiding Mima's story along. 

.  0  0  #  0  0  .  .  .
.  .  #  #  #  0  0  .  .

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

Mima chuckled. "Yes, and it certainly did. After Reimu defeated me and my apprentice, she threw me back into the hokora and sent my apprentice off far away from the shrine. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't as good at sealing things up as she is now. So I was able to break out again and headed back to see Marisa." Mima explained, namedropping her apprentice. "Next big thing that happened was some outsiders started a contest and the prize was one wish for anything that you desired. Reimu, Marisa, and I showed up along with a few other people, we all fought each other, and I actually beat Reimu for once. Not sure if she just got exhausted or what," Mima muttered, shrugging. She grabs a stone and places it, then goes back to talking. "Turned out the whole competition was a fraud and they set it up so that they could prove to the world that magic actually existed, according to the outsiders after I beat them up. They kept their promise of that wish, too." Mima smiled, looking at the sky. "After that they left; I'm not sure what happened to them after that. I felt pretty good being on the right side of a battle for once."

.  0  0  #  0  0  #  .  .

"How was the competition a fraud if they still gave out the prize?" The man's brow furrows a bit with the question, lightening as he places the next stone. "Sounds legitimate enough, although a bit showy. I'd think that the wish out performs any display of power, given that they had to grant it to you and not manifest from yourself..."

.  .  ,  .  .  #  0  .  .

.  .  ,  .  #  #  0  .  .

"Well..." Mima paused, and moved her hand to her chin. "Maybe 'fraud' wasn't the best way to describe it. Regardless, they straight up tried to kidnap me when I came to claim the prize, in order to prove that whole 'existence of magic' thing. All the invitation said was that you had to beat everyone else who took part in it. I guess that included themselves, as the organizers." Mima spouted, placing a stone.

"Sounds tiring. What'd  you wish for in the end?" The man coaxes a cup of tea from the air after placing a stone,  placing it near Mima's side of the board before finding another in the ether for himself. A look of confusion crosses his face as he sips a bit. "I was told vanilla caramel, but this seems more cinnamon sugar than caramel..."

.  .  .  0  #  #  0  .  .

"I wished for an endless night. It stayed that way for a few days before it worked its way back to the normal day-night cycle." Mima went on, placing another stone. "Marisa and I had a lot of fun overpowering Reimu during that time."

.  0  0  #  0  0  #  #  .

"Did you have any plans to do while it was this endless night? or did you just want to assert dominance?" Another stone appears on the board without much in the way of motion from the man.

.  .  ,  .  .  .  0  .  .
.  0  0  #  0  0  #  #  .

• 1 year later...

A girl with a purple dress and blond hair wanders into the village square. She mutters "I must've ended up at the human village, hopefully there are no aggresive youkai around".  She thinks to herself, "I should bring Renko with me next time, I wonder what I'll bring back this time though".  She sees Mima and mutters "She looks different from the other villagers,  I wonder what she's doing here". 

[Yes I know this is dead but a person can dream]

1 hour ago, jssf1992 said:

[ While the other two are still around, necromancy isn't the best way to try to get something running. It would probably have been best to DM one or both of them to see if they were interested in reviving it together. ]

[ok ill try to DM them to see if they wanna continue rp]

Archived