The year looking back

jssf1992

So, new year, but let's talk about some of the stuff that's happened in 2018.  Just to have a chance to share some of the good things that (hopefully) happened to us, or that we've seen/read/played/listened to this past year.

While I don't keep up with it properly, I catch up on the MCU every time I'm with the family for a while.  Still always enjoyable, and Infinity War was, in my opinion, amazing.

Was The Greatest Showman this year or last?  I liked it.

Played a lot of games (obviously), but three big standouts this year: Persona 4: Golden, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC, and Tales of Berseria.  All three pretty much catapulted to being among my favorite games ever (please don't ask me to pick one), and all three I would obviously recommend.

Two other games of note for me were Blazblue Crosstag Battle and Soul Calibur VI.  The former, while enjoyable enough, wasn't as good as the main BB games.  The latter, however, is a great return to form for series, that I really wish I could spend more time with.

I got to GM a little of D&D campaign this past fall at college, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, when I wasn't stressed over trying to organize it.  Definitely want to do more though.

This past year has been... ridiculous...

Moved again, Started a company, Designed ~4 games (closer to 10-15 if we consider the revisions that didn't get used) hopefully those go somewhere rather than a dustbin, and lost a crapton of hours to what feels like nothing. Seriously isn't it June right now?

Not to mention the stuff with this forum, we launched this version technically in December of 2017, but since then we've seen lots of new features and community improvements thanks to everyone, but especially a certain Kappa loving @Nitorium.

Unfortunately the new schedule and more over the lack of an open network at my new office have left me with little time or energy to contribute here. Hopefully I can pick this up again soon.

Game wise, Monster Hunter World took up a good 6 months of my free time I think. Having gotten it for PC and PS4... but for real?

Iconoclasts. Play it.

Finally got around to The Magic Circle, it's a cynics game, but interesting. Vermintide 2, an improvement on an already great game. God of War was a great departure from the series standard of near story-less gore, and has me hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 given it's similar rpg/action mix and progression. Just Shapes and Beats filled the bullet hell niche for me this year (heretical as it may seem). 

With any luck I'll finish a project this next year, but for now, just a lot of work done and yet so much to go. 

probably a bunch I'm forgetting.

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

@Cejic Did you say you started a company? That sounds really cool, do you have a website we could check out?

Anyways, my year was great overall. I'm a graphic designer and artist in training, i'v improved in my skills a lot last year. I designed a poster for my buddy's smash tournament for smash ultimate, poster looked awesome and I couldn't feel prouder of my achievement.
Everything before summer is kind of a blur for me. I started to finally learn Japanese which is good.

• 2 weeks later...

this year has been crazy.

starting a job, buying a switch (honestly, switch is game-changer, no regrets buying it), work mobile, new experience, full of story.

still, no new touhou.

btw, the touhou game in switch is lit. go try it.

early 2018 was the year that i got fully interested in 2hu, and I started to know about 2hu on late 2017. then i found moriya shrine when i was looking for the PS4 ULiL soundtrack. that was my first contact with a global online community, as i usually lurk at local online communities and never really liked being there . at first i lurked in the forums for a while and i decided to start talking here after a month. i won't regret that, because after that i pretty liked being here and it was really great talking to peoples in the forum. Then on August i decided to join the Discord Server, at first i was reluctant to join but i did anyway. on the discord server (which was more active than the forums) i got to know a lot of peoples and that was a new experience for me. overall being in moriya gave me a lot of new experiences and i didn't regret the choice to join here.

also, last year i graduated from junior high and became a senior high school (to be more precise vocational high school) student then, i was chosen as the students council vice president candidate by my friends (to be precise i was forced )which shocked me as i never had the leadership skills necessary but, in the end i wasn't chosen on the election which actually made me feel relieved. then i became a member of students council which was pretty tiring for me, still i enjoyed some activities that we did so, i couldn't care more. as long as i enjoy it, it couldn't be a bad thing for me. i do dislike some of the members and i usually avoid working with them but if i need to work with them i just do what they ordered me to do. being in the students council gave me a few experience working behind the scene of an event. overall it wasn't too bad. school itself wasn't pretty bad except for those video assignments. other than that it was pretty decent. I chose networking as my major, we haven't got into the networking part yet, as we're still learning about the basics of computer. but we did learn programming as a secondary major material which has interested me for many years, and that's the part of school that i like (and the part most student in my class feared). 

i also continued my piano practice after i dropped it when i was still a child, i regretted the decision to drop it nevertheless, i got a second chance to continue it so i decided to continue i. it has been going great so far.

2018 had been a decent year for me and it went really quick. i'm expecting something better to happen this year

Archived